Transfer everything to replacement RAZR MAXX

blotsome

Reaction score
I'm about to start banging my head against a wall. I've been fighting with this for hours now.

The short of it, my screen started flickering/going blank when it gets cooler (like below 65 degrees). I asked what it would take to fix it, and apparently it is still under warranty, so they sent me a new one. I first tried using Motorola Migrate until I realized you can't use a phone that old as a destination, only a source. Then I tried "Welcome Home" the PC app recommended in the Motorola manual. But it never recognized my phone. Then I spent a good amount of time getting the right drivers on my PC. Finally got all that working. Downloaded WonderShare MobileTrans, against my better judgement and poor reviews. After fighting with it for a bit, it was able to recognize both phones at the same time and the content I wanted to transfer, but wouldn't let me do it for free. It wanted me to pay and I'm still worried it may not work, or could be maleware. So on to the next one. Helium. This was able to transfer maybe 3/4s of my texts. But not all (and none of the MMS) which is basically all of my work texts, which I need for my job. I then was reading about creating a whole system image, but it seems I would need to root?

I am beyond annoyed, so I am seeking help. Is there any way to make the new phone the same as the old phone? I guess I am most concerned about getting all of my texts off the phone (including MMS/group texts). It would be nice to get my settings as well, so I don't have to retype wifi passwords, and my ring tones and other preferences are all set up again. And I still need to figure out how to re-download all the apps (and hopefully the app data). Actually, at this point, it doesn't seem like a lot, but I am 100% positive I am not the first person to get a warranty replacement. Why does this seem so terribly complicated and hard? Is this something they can just do for me in the verizon store?

Thanks!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Can you still see the screen on the old phone? If so there are easy ways to do what you are asking.

OP
B

blotsome

Reaction score
Can you still see the screen on the old phone? If so there are easy ways to do what you are asking.

If I am not outside on a cold day, and the phone is warmed up, the screen works fine on the old phone!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Have you transferred your texts already?

OP
B

blotsome

Reaction score
None of the group texts or MMS were transferred, but it seems like Helium was able to transfer the SMS texts.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
A suggestion for the future, I have used the app SMS Backup & Restore a few times. Its free on the Play Store and easy to use if you have an SD Card. It will backup all texts from one phone to a SD Card, then install the app on the new phone and restore from the SD Card backup file.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sms backup is great, but it doesn't work for mms, which op said he needs...

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2