Transfer data from RAZR to LG G2

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Hello all. Just upgraded to a G2 and was wondering if there was any good way to transfer all of my app data to my new phone. Has anyone found an exploit to make Carbon work on Motorolas? If I were to root it quick would it wipe all of that data? Any help would be great thanks.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Hey, A little off topic but let me know how you like the G2 compared to the Razr. I have a MAxx and will almost certainly be getting the G2 next week. I've been torn between it, the GS4 and the HTC One.

So, to try to answer your question, my plan is to copy the stuff off my Razrs SD card and internal memory via a USB cable to my PC, then attach the G2 via USB and copy the files to the internal memory of the G2. Worked with previous phones, don't see why it shouldn't for the G2.

David

Guardrail

Reaction score
I have the G 2 for about a week. It sucked! I now have the ultra. The g2 voice command was horrible. I would say call Jim Smith, and it would say calling Bob Jameson. The buttons on the back are just weird when you're used to them on the side.

Guardrail

OP
JCDenton771

JCDenton771

Reaction score
I really like the G2. Even more than I thought I would. I was torn between G2 and the Moto X since I can't get the Nexus 5 till June. Not sure how your Maxx has held up but my RAZR was starting to get painfully slow. Everything little thing crashed or froze; often times using it was more of a hassle than it was worth. the G2's display is amazing, probably the best one out there. Battery life is insane, I got about 45 hours last charge with about 4 hours of screen on time. The UI is also not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I didn't activate it for about 4 days after I got it to decide if I needed to root it and throw CM on there right away. I decided not to and instead just threw Nova on top and it looks 100% better. Knock-on still works too and is a life saver if you don't like the back buttons; for me they are perfectly positioned and work very well. I was surprised at how quick I got used to them. If you have any other questions about it feel free to PM me.

Now about that pesky data transfer: I was able to get most of the stuff I wanted to transfer. I am only missing a few games' progress, but in the grand scheme of things they don't really matter. Was able to transfer call logs, SMS, MMS and settings using SuperBackup and the cloud. Still in the process of transferring everything else, but I made it work. Just wish I could have gotten my TinyDeathStar progress...oh well. :)