1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Transfer a backup ROM to a new replacement device

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by jokkerb, May 23, 2012.

1. jokkerb

jokkerb New Member

I spider webbed my DroidX a few days ago, and got the Asurion replacement today. Instead of going through the laborious process of backing up all my apps +data +incidentals, wouldn't it be easier to backup and save my old device as a ROM, then restore that ROM to my new device? Is this possible? I've been using google-fu but haven't been able to find a post that deals with transferring a ROM across 2 devices. Thank you.
  2. jokkerb

jokkerb New Member

My problem just got more complicated,

The replacement droidx is running 621, which makes it hard to root. I don't mind running through the process of rooting it, but can I just flash my backup ROM from the old droidx to the new droidx from my computer? And if I can flash my droidx using a computer, how much risk of bricking my phone is there?
  3. newmanx4

newmanx4 Member

You'll have to root and flash your ROM from SD.
  4. jokkerb

jokkerb New Member

ok, so root with the 621 method, then use custom recovery and flash my saved rom right?
  5. newmanx4

newmanx4 Member

Right.
Search tags for this page

copy android rom from another phone

transferring rom to another phone

transferring rom to replacement phone