Tranquility 3.6.0 question?

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by budmonster, Dec 22, 2010.

1. cgrimm9

cgrimm9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know some roms just do not agree with some phones.I don't know why the reason. but it happens if you are confertable to install roms and revive if a case of a brick then I say try for your self its the only thing that will tell the answer

2. ScottyDsntKnow

Ratings:
    +5

Well... I sort of have to eat my words. I am not one to "lose" to a program that I know can work. I sat down Tranquility today and after a long fight I prevailed. I did, in fact, have to battery pull (rebooting too fast to shut down properly) and then boot into stock recovery after loading the rom after a fresh .340 system SBF. Wiped data/cache/dalvik which wiped out the toolbox and that is no biggie since it saves having to uninstall it later for the updated one. The market, I think, is having issues with the new version since all the apps chug along fine restoring until the market restores. Then they stall out between the download and install and I had to manually go into about 30 that were left and once I clicked on them they would begin to install so that was a pain. THEN the navigation was not working, kept getting stuck on "checking satellite availability" but uninstalling the market update got the factory version to work so whatever, I'm guessing that is an issue with the new update?

So then everything was re-installed and I have to say this thing hauls all sorts of ass. Tons of themes, the toolbox kicks ass and stuff loads way faster than anything I've used before including Tranquility 3.5 so I'm kind of glad I had it out with this thing. I still say that it is a total pain in the balls to install and should not be this difficult but there are workarounds and once you get it setup it is a badass. Going to run it for the weekend and decide if I want to keep it or go to Apex or try something else.

3. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    with all the comments it just not worth using this rom at this time, until like some of you guys said, its "fixed". i never seen more people have trouble with a rom then this one, not knocking the devs.

4. DJORDAN

DJORDAN Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Steps I took: Phone was wiped back to complete stock to receive OTA, after that and all apps back, I re-rooted using Z4root, once done I downloaded Tranquility 3.6.0 from home site and installed ( mounting system ) in Boot Strap Rocovery, once phone rebooted I Overclocked at 1225 at boot with JRummy's app and final theme choice was Darkslide. My word is bond!! I have had Zero issue with this setup and if something is not working, I have not found it yet. My knowledge for this stuff is limited in comparison to many of you out there; with that being said, there is clearly nothing wrong with: Tranquility 3.6.0 when installed correctly.

DroidX: Tranquility 3.6.0 with DarkSlide Theme and Overclocked at boot 1225 no problems!!

5. ScottyDsntKnow

Ratings:
    +5
    Well over at MDW, there are a ton of ppl having issues too and the devs there say basically that when you run a wipe on the DX it doesn't always take all the way and things get goobered up. This is why re-wiping in stock recovery fixes the soft reboots. They said to run the wipes 2-3 or more times just to be safe and it should all go fine.

With that said, this rom is probably the best one I've used so far but also is the hardest one to get working right. Every other rom I've ever used requires 1 wipe and just loads right up.

6. MrKleen

MrKleen Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I agree with this post completely.