Tranquility 3.0 - Blurless taken to the next level

luv2increase

Reaction score
I don't know how these devs like p3droid can call a ROM of theirs blurless, and yet in reality they still have blur.

They are blatant lies just to attract attention to their ROM. Many people are having to SBF after installing Tran 3.0. I would hold off until p3droid fixes it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tony1208

Reaction score
I don't know how these devs like p3droid can call a ROM of theirs blurless, and yet in reality they still have blur.

They are blatant lies just to attract attention to their ROM. Many people are having to SBF after installing Tran 3.0. I would hold off until p3droid fixes it.

Its not a full rom but it removes alot of crap and adds some goodies....plus his rom equals awesome battery life for me so that's y i support his work

Daali

Reaction score
Installed. It seems lots of folks that have RubiX 1.0 are having issues. P3Droid suggested
as Rubi has a different set of features, I would suggest you download the deodexed 2.3.15 and run it to wipe out Rubi, then install this.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I don't have a clue how to make one and I'm not a dev. But I try to support them all.

And since none of the "ROM's" are ROM's anyway why does it matter what they call them?

I think p3droid is a great dev. And so are the rest that are located here and other forums.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

tony1208

Reaction score
Yeah just installed it off the tbh app and in stall went smooth..i came off of 237 and 3.0 went over it well ...only thing i wish 3.0 had was the battery icon with the increments like 237 had ...wonder if i can change it ??

yuusharo

Reaction score

Most of the ROMs out there remove much of the blur bloatware that ships out with the phone, will still keeping many of the frameworks intact to ensure compatibility with existing features of the phone like HDMI and the 3G Hotspot. I'm running Fission, which is based off AOSP and has almost zero of the blur frameworks in it, and though it runs great, those two features are now gone from me :(.

Besides, who are these "many people" needing to SBF after installing Tranquility? As long as you follow the instructions, everything will be fine. I would suggest always keeping a nandroid backup of stock motoblur 2.2 handy, so that you can flash to stock before switch ROMs.

Droid74

Reaction score
Installed. It seems lots of folks that have RubiX 1.0 are having issues. P3Droid suggested
as Rubi has a different set of features, I would suggest you download the deodexed 2.3.15 and run it to wipe out Rubi, then install this.

Maybe those who use Rubix that are switching over to his ROM have an issue...Rubix is solid and stable itself.

lortay78

Reaction score
I have a backup of rubix, apex, 2.3.15, and tranquility. Tranquility is my favorite so far. 3.0 had a superuser issue on two separate installs for me, so I am holding off until he upgrades. I support all these guys who work to make oir phones better, But if I had to pick a "rom", I would stick with tranquility.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

luv2increase

Reaction score
People need to understand that with the inability to tinker with the Droid X kernel, every ROM is about the same. Only a few things really change:

1. Launcher used
2. What stock moto apps are removed
3. Overclocking options like with Apex and Fission
4. Themes used

Running all the ROMs side-by-side, they would all seem about 100% identical to each other besides Fission and Rubix. They are the only two which are truly different from all the others.

The point is that you can't say something is blurless while it truly isn't blurless. It doesn't make any sense for him to call the ROM blurless. It is an obvious fib.

btw, I've donated over $1000 to developers since I've used Android :) Give me a cookie please...

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
btw, I've donated over $1000 to developers since I've used Android :) Give me a cookie please...

Give this dude about 1000 cookies!!!

On a side note...it is funny how I/We(TDF) got trashed for calling Fission AOSP but it is ok to call a ROM full of Blur, blurless?

Not starting a flame war but what is good for the goose is also good for the gander...

So how is blurless taking to a whole new level?

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

On a side note...it is funny how I/We(TDF) got trashed for calling Fission AOSP but it is ok to call a ROM full of Blur, blurless?

Not starting a flame war but what is good for the goose is also good for the gander...

Ya I never understood it, Fission and Focused are as close to Blurless as possible. <3 you guys! :icon_ banana:

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Ya I never understood it, Fission and Focused are as close to Blurless as possible. <3 you guys! :icon_ banana:

There are like 3 blur files inside the moto-res.apk that is the only thing left of blur...there is no blur at all inside the app folder. All packages are AOSP but for browser cause I am having a hard time to get it working.