Tranferring Photos

born2golf

Reaction score
What is the best way to transfer photos off a Droid 2? I have tried using ACDSee this tried to transfer every photo on the droid including graphics from apps and everything else. AND once the photo is transferred it is unusable to ACDsee.

Is there a windows software anyone can recommend? or just do it via windows explorer?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Windows Explorer and Picasa.

OP
B

born2golf

Reaction score
I am trying an app called "Image transfer", which basically does what I need and does it over the wifi network. It supposedly keeps a record of what has been transferred so it should only transfer new photos each time. Setup was bit tricky as it relies on windows files sharing but once it was set up it is only a single click. The app was $3.99 on the market.

So far the only negative is that it is slow since it is using wifi and that the folders is creates are simply the timestamp of when you initiate the transfer, and nothing t do with the time/date the photo was taken.

Otherwise, The app seems ok. I'll keep you posted.

dcook12

Reaction score
This is how I add them to my computer..and I have a Droid 1, so not sure if this is available to you...But I just can't say enough about Dropbox. It is free in the market. You download the app to your phone and go to dropbox.com (link at the bottom) from any PC you want your pictures on (and it will do multiple PC's)...You can either hit dropbox on your phone and the pictures will automatically upload them the minute you take them, or you can select pictures in the gallery and upload them. This eliminates the need to hook your phone to the PC using the USB connection...I know it sounds lazy, but it is handy if you are not home. It will send photos to your PC. If you are somewhere where there is no connection, it will send them as soon as wifi is available. It is awesome......I hope it is available for your phone. Good Luck!Dropbox - Home - Online backup, file sync and sharing made easy.

Shogun Hooah

Reaction score
This is how I add them to my computer..and I have a Droid 1, so not sure if this is available to you...But I just can't say enough about Dropbox. It is free in the market. You download the app to your phone and go to dropbox.com (link at the bottom) from any PC you want your pictures on (and it will do multiple PC's)...You can either hit dropbox on your phone and the pictures will automatically upload them the minute you take them, or you can select pictures in the gallery and upload them. This eliminates the need to hook your phone to the PC using the USB connection...I know it sounds lazy, but it is handy if you are not home. It will send photos to your PC. If you are somewhere where there is no connection, it will send them as soon as wifi is available. It is awesome......I hope it is available for your phone. Good Luck!Dropbox - Home - Online backup, file sync and sharing made easy.

I already had some pictures in my phone. Just downloaded the app like you suggested. Can you tell me what to do from here? Thanks in adavance.

Shogun Hooah

Reaction score
Nevermind. I figured it out. Dropbox is a pretty awesome app. Thanks a lot.

Droids

Reaction score
I usually connect a USB cable and use Drag 'n Drop in Windows Explorer. Remember the Droid's sd card will look like any other removable flash drive when connected. Dropbox is pretty great too. There must be a dozen ways to transfer files back and forth.

OP
B

born2golf

Reaction score
Nevermind. I figured it out. Dropbox is a pretty awesome app. Thanks a lot.

I was just logging on to answer you. Glad you figured it out. It is great. Enjoy!

Hi, I am still using the "image transfer" app which is cool, but I am intrigued by using dropbox as well. I am a dropbox user already, and was wondering if there is a setting to automatically put my new photos into a drop box folder?