Tranfering data such as txts to new phone

turbinator1990

Reaction score
Hello guys I am new to te fourms and to the Droid X. I have just recently switched out my Fascinate to get a Droid X due to some issues. What I wanted to ask today is that would it be possible to import my txt and call history from my Fascinate to my Droid X? I am currently using my older SD card on my Droid X. Thanks

canvs2321

Reaction score
you'd have to have copied the data from /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/ on ur previous device to sdcard and have it copied to the new sdcard and with root copy it back to the data folder and set the permissions on it.

not sure where call history is located, could be in that same location, i just know from previous exploration that text messages are stored there

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello guys I am new to te fourms and to the Droid X. I have just recently switched out my Fascinate to get a Droid X due to some issues. What I wanted to ask today is that would it be possible to import my txt and call history from my Fascinate to my Droid X? I am currently using my older SD card on my Droid X. Thanks

Turbinator if you start to have issues with your Droid X see us before you get mad and head back to Verizon.

I have mybackuppro. I'm not aware of anyway to transfer text from one device to another, it's not data so I'm not sure how that would work.

OP
T

turbinator1990

Reaction score
But How would I use it on my fascinate since It has been deactivated?

OP
T

turbinator1990

Reaction score
I just need to have this figured out soon because I am trying to sell my Fascinate, MYbackup pro will only work if I had the phone activated

RCFlyn

Reaction score
For Texts, I use SMS Backup and Restore.
I transfered all my Texts from my Eris to my X via SMS B&R...
HOWEVER, I had all my Texts Backed up on the ERIS Prior to activating my X,
When the X was activated, I took my SD card out of the Eris, put it in the X, Restored the Texts to the X, then put the Card back in the Eris...

Call History though, I have NO CLUE... I tried doing the same thing, but wasn't successful....

Beings the Fascinate is de-activated, I'm not sure if you can do a Wi-Fi to get SMS B&R or not, if not, I do know you can take both phones to Verizon and have them transfer Texts, but I know they will charge you for that service...

OP
T

turbinator1990

Reaction score
I bought and downloaded mybackup pro on my fasnioate and backed up my data and I am not tranfering it to my Droid X. I hope it goes all well. Thanks