TRaffic Cams Download

ddback

Reaction score
I just hard reset my Droid, so naturally all the apps are gone. I did a backup with My Backup, but wasn't thinking about the apps that don't support My Backup.

Along the way I lost Traffic Cams, which is a great app for viewing traffic cams. It worked really well, gave a map of my current location and let me choose which cams to view.

Unfortunately, it's no longer listed in the Market.

You can see it here, and if you follow the link for download (from your droid), eventually you get a message saying the app can't be found in the market.

Anyone know where I can get this app again?

Thanks all

SGTiger

Reaction score
*Bump* Anyone know why this free app is not showing up in the market? Anyone have an alternate download location? I just don't see an alternative app that shows a map of your location that you can click on to bring up the traffic cams.

WhiteDynomite

Reaction score
I've had that APP for a few weeks now..I just checked my market n it's still there,bra??

SGTiger

Reaction score
I've had that APP for a few weeks now..I just checked my market n it's still there,bra??

Yeah, I see you have an Eris. Apps can be phone specific. since this app is free anyway, think you could make this app available for us droiders?

pmas

Reaction score
Been looking to reinstall for days since I wiped and did a new rom install. It's gone.
I restored an old nandroid backup and see the file. It is a zip file, not an apk. I copy it to my sdcard and try to install after restoring to the new rom. but it fails. Any idea how I can pull this app from a nandroid backup to be installable? I will share it if I can since it is a free app.

Last edited:

SGTiger

Reaction score
Been looking to reinstall for days since I wiped and did a new rom install. It's gone.
I restored an old nandroid backup and see the file. It is a zip file, not an apk. I copy it to my sdcard and try to install after restoring to the new rom. but it fails. Any idea how I can pull this app from a nandroid backup to be installable? I will share it if I can since it is a free app.

An apk file is actually a zip file also. Is it possible you could rename the zip extension to apk and get it to install? Also what is the file name as I want to search the internet for it?

pmas

Reaction score

An apk file is actually a zip file also. Is it possible you could rename the zip extension to apk and get it to install? Also what is the file name as I want to search the internet for it?

Yea I tried renaming it. But the install fails. I am trying a few other things. It puts a zip file in data/app and an apk in data/app-private. I will copy that one too, from my nandroid backup and paste it from the sd card into that folder. I'll be right back..takes a few minutes to restore, reboot etc.
Oh and the file name is android.traffic.zip and android.traffic.apk

Mikedee718

Reaction score
Thank you do much pmas. I have a MyTouch 4G/ HTC Glacier, and like everyone else I couldn't find Traffic cams by 3d Studio after I upgraded. It was and will be the app I use the most. Thanks again for the link. I know this is a Verizon/Droid forum and site but you helped a T-Mobile HTC customer a lot

Mikedee718

Reaction score
Thank you pmas

I use traffic cams everyday, once I upgraded I lost the app. Thanks again, it works perfectly

JohnBo

Reaction score
This sounds really cool, will have to check it out. But just curious, for those who are using it often, how do you use it? I'd think a map or nav app that integrates live traffic info would be far more useful, if not as cool. And nevermind that here in Calif it's illegal to touch a phone while driving, don't want to get started on that whole ball of crap, but I'd think watching cams while commuting difficult.