Traffic App Recommendations?

smrivera80

Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

I'm looking for an app that will allow me to stay updated on traffic conditions in my area. I have a roughly 40 mile commute each way to get to and from work, and I would really love an app that will allow me to customize the view of traffic on my route. I looked in the market, and found only one that looks like it could work called Roiding Nettraffic. But the comments and even the app description seem to suggest that it has been quite buggy. Does anyone have any personal experience with this app, or are you using something similar that you like that I might search for? Thank you!

OP
smrivera80

smrivera80

Reaction score
Thank you for the recommendations. I use Google Maps for navigation, and I love it. But I didn't see an option there to monitor real-time traffic. Can you tell me where that is?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
This won't help you any but I personally have yet to find a traffic app that I've been happy with. Luckily, we have a regional traffic map that is more up-to-date then any other solution I've seen for our area. I just bookmark the traffic map in the browser.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll second the mention of Google maps with the traffic layer turned on. Typically it is right on in my area. The way I understand it is that the more people you have using a connection with google maps, the more accurate it is. It shares the traffic flow of you and others using a version of gmaps to constantly update it's traffic flow info.

BigTex71

Reaction score
I will add my vote for Google Maps with the Traffic layer turned on. I have found it to be pretty accurate in my area.

PhoneSter

Reaction score
I'm in Chicago but they are in every city...
NAVTEQ TRAFFIC.COM
Bookmark it and I use a shortcut on my home screen
Its a mobile version of traffic.com they are working on an android app, but for now, the link above gives you very detailed down to the minute of whats what with traffic

EDIT the traffic link came up in the post with the web site name?? any way its mobi . traffic . com (without the spaces) :)

Last edited:

ADR

Reaction score
US Traffic is good (Route 66 icon). Traffic cam app was great, but it's now off the market as far as I can tell

dlphingrl

Reaction score
US Traffic

Hey, new to this forum but I see you mentioned the US Traffic Route 66 Icon... I put that on my first smartphone, and have not been able to find it in the apps since. I loved it. Think it is the best traffic app out there. Any idea on how to get it again or where I can find it?? Thanks in advance!

US Traffic is good (Route 66 icon). Traffic cam app was great, but it's now off the market as far as I can tell