Traded GNex for RAZR...Now having second thoughts...Have some questions though

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Speaking for myself I would never buy a phone (or not keep a phone) because of camera quality. If it takes decent quick pic that is all I ask for. I would never be taking keepsake pics with my phone. I have the Droid X, Bionic, Gnex, and previously had the OG Droid and RAZR. None of them take a decent picture unless it is outdoors in optimal lighting. My daughter's iPhone 4 on the other hand takes a pretty nice picture. So you need to really weigh out what exactly you want. But if you are looking for high quality picture taking capabilities in a phone it is going to be really hard to find.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
To the op... What phone you roll is a very personal decision. In reality every phone released has some issues, you have to decide which of this issues you can live with and which ones you can't.

Is it reasonable to expect the GNex phones to have updates to fix bugs, absolutely. How soon can we expect them? That's hard to say as it's really up to Google, and my guess is they are striving to make the next update the primary build for manufacturers to start with ICS.

Motorola puts blur on their phones so updates will take longer to roll out, whereas a Nexus phone by nature should take less time to get both bug fixes and new os updates. For me that's what getting a nexus phone was all about; so far I'm very happy with mine; life I said though it's a very personal decision so it's up to you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
To the op... What phone you roll is a very personal decision. In reality every phone released has some issues, you have to decide which of this issues you can live with and which ones you can't.

Is it reasonable to expect the GNex phones to have updates to fix bugs, absolutely. How soon can we expect them? That's hard to say as it's really up to Google, and my guess is they are striving to make the next update the primary build for manufacturers to start with ICS.

Motorola puts blur on their phones so updates will take longer to roll out, whereas a Nexus phone by nature should take less time to get both bug fixes and new os updates. For me that's what getting a nexus phone was all about; so far I'm very happy with mine; life I said though it's a very personal decision so it's up to you.

Great reply WookieClaws

dustinslee

Reaction score
I went to the Verizon store to trade my nexus in on the razr and they wouldn't let me trade they said I have had to many phones! I was very upset when I left BC I had returned the razr a while back BC of speaker issues and waited for the nexus and while I waited I purchased a iPhone off Craigslist and I didn't like it so I traded it for a razr used... and for some reason they don't wanna accept the return I called verizon and they told me it was BC u are only allowed to return or swap 2 times!

Reaction score
I went to the Verizon store to trade my nexus in on the razr and they wouldn't let me trade they said I have had to many phones! I was very upset when I left BC I had returned the razr a while back BC of speaker issues and waited for the nexus and while I waited I purchased a iPhone off Craigslist and I didn't like it so I traded it for a razr used... and for some reason they don't wanna accept the return I called verizon and they told me it was BC u are only allowed to return or swap 2 times!

yeah verizon stores seem to be less than accommodating when swapping a phone to the point of being rude.

dustinslee

Reaction score
yeah verizon stores seem to be less than accommodating when swapping a phone to the point of being rude.

Yea I used to think they were very customer friendly but I told em the only issue I had with the nexus was the signal is crap at my house .... if they could fix that I would keep it so I am hoping the update comes real soon

wil318466

Reaction score

I wouldn't let a customer do unlimited swaps either. It's one thing to swap to get the same phone and you have a legit issue with the hardware, it's another to switch from phone to phone to phone. Don't get me wrong, I think customers should be able to change a phone within the period if they wanted, but I don't think they should be able to just keep doing it.

surge

Reaction score
I'm sure the Nexus is a great phone, but I have no desire to leave my Razr behind. No problems here and the Razr has some nice accessories. I ordered the Lapdock 500 today. I don't know of a phone with a a Lapdock or something comparable. Ordered my phone on the intro date so I have been using it for a couple of months, no regrets.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
I wouldn't let a customer do unlimited swaps either. It's one thing to swap to get the same phone and you have a legit issue with the hardware, it's another to switch from phone to phone to phone. Don't get me wrong, I think customers should be able to change a phone within the period if they wanted, but I don't think they should be able to just keep doing it.

i'm obviously not referring to "unlimited swaps". they were rude when i swapped my phone the first and only time for the same exact phone.