Trade Show Displays: Jagged lines in text

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by donaldcarter55, Mar 29, 2010.

1. donaldcarter55

donaldcarter55 New Member

I have recently had graphics printed for my display and the text came out with jagged edges, it looks okay from about 10 feet away but when you get closer it is not very good.

What can I do about this?
  2. markdobson

markdobson New Member

Your signage needs to be produced and output in a "vectored" graphics form... ie: Adobe Illustrator or vectored sign design software such as Gerber Scientific Products Composer program (Omega series). Small resolution images such as .jpgs and even some .bmp's are too small to be reproduced without getting that "pixilation" you described at large sizes. I run into this on a daily basis. A customer brings me a file such as a Word or Publisher document and it looks fine for them on a monitor or even printed out on a piece of paper, but when that same image is enlarge several hundred times the jagged lines appear. The vectored file types eliminate that issue. They are "scaleable" from very small to billboard size without any distortion.

About Bitmap Images - Two Types of Graphics - Vector and Bitmap
  3. hemydroid

hemydroid New Member

Once it's printed there's no way to fix it (unless someone invents a magical eraser).
    I certainly wouldn't use the same trade show display company again though! I work for a custom trade show displays company, and we courtesy-check all customer designs before we print them, exactly for the reason you describe. The custom trade show displays company you used SHOULD have checked your design before they printed it, and they shouldn't have printed your design the way it was. Yeh, they an say it was your fault, but they should know better and it's poor customer service and support not to check. (oops, am I ranting? :icon_evil: ok, back to the topic. :))

In the future, Mark is right... use vector graphics for text. But you also need to check your images to make sure they are high resolution so you don't end up with pixelation. We created a page specifically to explain what can go wrong and how to make sure it doesn't...
    check it out here:
    http://www.pinnacledisplays.com/image-resolution.htm
    I hope you have better luck with your next display.
Search tags for this page

android images jagged lines

trade show displays forum