Trackpad stopped working?!

flipboi120

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone had their trackpad stop working on them? I can take pictures by pressing the button but it's not letting me swipe left or right. You might ask, why do you even use the trackpad?, well I mainly use it when i'm texting and it's a quick fix to just swipe left or right and add letters.

Anyway, it has acted up before but usually I would do a battery pull or just reset (power button + volume down button + trackpad button) and it would work. But now nothing's working and I'm just hoping it'll just start working out of nowhere because I don't have anymore ideas.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you tried cleaning the area with a cloth or better yet, some compressed air?

OP
F

flipboi120

Reaction score
Yes I have thoroughly. I'm starting to wonder if there is an APK or API service or whatever it's called that I can restart.

I noticed under Application Info, there is an App called "Touch Input" but it's under All and not under Running. So I wonder if there's a way to restart this? or run it again.

It is version 2.10.0032.264707.

riko540

Reaction score
Yes I have thoroughly. I'm starting to wonder if there is an APK or API service or whatever it's called that I can restart.

I noticed under Application Info, there is an App called "Touch Input" but it's under All and not under Running. So I wonder if there's a way to restart this? or run it again.

It is version 2.10.0032.264707.

Not sure how to get it running again but it defiantly should be running. try clearing the data and restarting the phone to see if that gets it running.

OP
F

flipboi120

Reaction score
I tried that but it didn't work...I did notice however, through no action of my own, that it'll start running again. I think there's a particular app that sets it off.

I've been using compressed air like crazy to get in between the cracks of the trackpad...no luck...

riko540

Reaction score
I tried that but it didn't work...I did notice however, through no action of my own, that it'll start running again. I think there's a particular app that sets it off.

I've been using compressed air like crazy to get in between the cracks of the trackpad...no luck...

It should automatically run. If I force stop mine it immediately restarts so I don't think its triggered by an particular app.

OP
F

flipboi120

Reaction score
Anyone know what the mechanics of the trackpad are? Is there a clean way to remove the button, clean it, then put it back on without destroying the phone haha. I find it weird that i can push the button to take pictures but i can't swipe around with it.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Well the reason the "service" or app for it isn't running in the task manager is probably because the phone doesn't detect it. Sounds like a loose connection in the phone, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I would try to get Verizon to send you a CPO, I'm pretty sure they'll go for it.

OP
F

flipboi120

Reaction score
So I'd request for a CPO and they would give me a new phone or a refurbished phone? How does that work?...

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Ahhh damn I forgot about this thread! You probably already figured it out but you call Verizon customer service and they send ya a brand spanking new used phone via fedex 2-day or overnight depending.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App