1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Tracking Software

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by Comicsnut, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Comicsnut

Comicsnut New Member

This past weekend my Transformer tablet was stolen from my vehicle. Merry Christmas, eh?

My ex-wife had thrown away the box and the only other place that the serial number is located is on the actual device. Useless if it's stolen or missing.

Luckily, I was able to find my serial number through some major file searching on my desktop machine. ASUS didn't even know that the serial could be stored on computers! Once I found my serial number, ASUS directed me to a website, Device Tracker. That will locate the device on a map. I haven't been able to locate my tablet yet. It requires a finger pattern to open and it needs to be connected to the internet in order for it to be tracked via the website. ASUS told me that the majority of stolen tablets get sold to pawn shops who then erase them etc. So I'm hoping against hope that it will turn up eventually.

I also hope that website can help any folks out there in case this happens to you as well, which I certainly hope it never does.

Anyway, to get back on topic this has made me consider tightening my security for my Charge in case that is stolen/lost as well.

Doing some googling I found this website, and I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with either it or any other trustworthy website that offers a similar solution.

Thanks for your time in reading this.
  2. Likwid_E

Likwid_E Member

Lookout Mobile Security app on the market is free and comes with a lost/stolen phone feature where you can locate your device on their website.
  3. Comicsnut

Comicsnut New Member

Thank you very much!
    +1
Search tags for this page
android tablet serial number tracking
can a galaxy s3 be tracked if data reset
can a stolen samsung tablet be tracked
how to find stolen galaxy tab 3 using the serial number
how to track tablet with serial number
locate asus tablet
locate lost samsung galaxy tablet