Toys R Us' Nabi Android tablet lets junior play while mommy texts..

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Well we all know how kids like to play with 'our' toys, Toys R Us is releasing the Android Nabi Tablet made just for the youngins.

Designed to distract kids aged six years and up, this tot-sized Android slate boasts a seven-inch, 800 x 480 capacitive touchscreen display, 4GB of onboard storage, and a 533MHz dual-core Cortex-A9 CPU. Now of course these aren't the best specs for a tablet, but sufficient enough to keep the kids occupied long enough for those Holiday road trips and the after Thanksgiving dinner.

The tablet is described as 'kiddified', allowing them to watch tv, play games and perform other pre-approved actions on it. It also has a 'Mommy Mode' which takes the tablet up a step, allowing for more mature content and Toys R Us is planning to release an upgrade called 'Daddy Mode' and I'm not even going to render a guess of what that may include..

But either way, it definitely would make a nice gift for any kid this holiday season. Parents can pre-order it for $200 at the link below.

Source: Nabi Tablet - Nabi - Toys "R" Us

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would totally buy this for my 3yr old son. He has mastered the DS already, and tries to hi-jack our phones all the time.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea I'm thinking of getting it for my 6 year old nephew. I think it would be a good introductory device.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
$200 for a tablet for a KID? Am I the only one who thinks that's a bit high of a price to pay for a kid tablet? If it was $99 that would be more reasonable in my eyes, but that's even a bit high.

Heywood

Reaction score
Personally I'd rather just give my children a Kindle Fire for that price....something they can grow into instead of grow out of.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
$200 for a tablet for a KID? Am I the only one who thinks that's a bit high of a price to pay for a kid tablet? If it was $99 that would be more reasonable in my eyes, but that's even a bit high.

Maybe, but if your only buying for 1 kid ... plus, from what I understand, it is upgradeable software-wise, but I couldn't see like an older kid carrying it around.

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
I would totally buy this for my 3yr old son. He has mastered the DS already, and tries to hi-jack our phones all the time.
I would get this for my son too, but he jacks my Hp Touchpad all the time and even rooted and overclocked it himself...oh and he just turned 5. so i think if i got this for him hed prolly throw it back at me, lol. he also jacks his moms Droid all the time too. Kids these days are far more technically inclined than many of us or the elders ever were, gotta love it

KIDXIII

Reaction score

I just wanted to stop by and point out the Junior Tablet at $129.00, better than $199. And nearly same specs, but without the Android store wrapper this Nabi thing uses.

Here is a link to it if you are interested in a kids friendly tablet for your kids this Christmas Junior Tablet | Best Kids Tablet | Tablet for Kids

chewy74

Reaction score
I was thinking about this for my daughter, but I'm just going to the kindle fire and root it and add a bunch of kids games and learning stuff

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yep, next thing we know, we'll have a bunch of 5 and 10 year olds on here with us! :D They'll be teaching us how to ROM an root! :p

lol yep .. but, if you compare the price with the price like of a ps3 or xbox 360. I'd rather have my kid (If I had/have) one getting something that will get them geared and more knowledgeable towards technology as that's where the future is.. instead if JUST playing games.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
lol yep .. but, if you compare the price with the price like of a ps3 or xbox 360. I'd rather have my kid (If I had/have) one getting something that will get them geared and more knowledgeable towards technology as that's where the future is.. instead if JUST playing games.

Yep, it's edumacational! :D Just look at all of us! Were super smart! xD
Oh yeah... My kids won't have computer till they can build it themselves (I'll offer a little help) ;D
Then for a tablet, they have to know how to root and sbf before I give it to them! ;)

MightyT01

Reaction score
Don't laugh, this stupid thing has some better specs then even the Kindle Fire. Plus, your forgetting the security aspects of it. Keeps the kiddos from surfing and downloading the bad stuff. And you got the "Mommy" mode that allows it to be used as a standard tablet but you need the secret password, LOL.

I'll wait for reviews on this before I get one of these for my daughter. It actually sounds perfect for her and just a $100 more then a LeapFrog Tablet, plus, it'll have "Daddy" mode so I can hack, err, play with it. :biggrin:

jakethesnake77

Reaction score
It'll be the new generation of like when we were kids and we had to program our grandparents vcrs.

HTC Thunderbolt Tiamat Liquid 3.0