Touchscreen problems- Can't unlock phone using touchscreen

CRwrestler44

Reaction score
Hey all,
So today I was holding my Droid 2 phone in the waistline of my pants (since I didn't have any pockets) and the screen was against the side of my leg, so it ended up getting a little sweat on it. I had gotten just a slight bit of sweat on it, so I wiped it off and tried to unlock my phone. It wouldn't resond to my touch at all, and now its quite a few hours later and it still won't work. I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, restarting it in safe mode, pretty much everything I could think of, but nothing is working. I'd also like to add that there is a screen protector on it. Also, the LED light in the top right is ALWAYS on now, sometimes changing colors. Other than that, everything works fine. Hopefully I didn't damange anything in the phone... I mean I've gotten slight drips of water on the screen before and it wouldn't respond for a few minutes, but eventually it work. Now, its not working even after several hours. Anybody have any ideas on what I can do? If anything, is there a way to unlock the phone from the keyboard? I have 2 text messages and I want to answer them!!! and I need it for various other things as well. HELP!

Last edited:

sniperf250

Reaction score
I know this might sound crazy but there is a good chance it may have sucked in a good bit of your sweat between the screen and decorative bezel. I had a droid 2 global for a while only it wasnt sweat that caused my problem but moisture from setting my phone on the counter while i showered if you were wearing long pants it could have been somewhat similar to the condensation problem i had and the cheap way to maybe fix ur problem would be take your battery out and put it in a bowl of uncooked raw rice the rice will absorb the moisture out of the phone that could be causing ur digitizer to malfunction depending on how much moisture is in your phone it could take from a few hours to a day to dry out give it a try and let me know what happens :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR in blue! using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I am not sure of any other way to unlock the phone but, like sniper said, making sure it is 100% dry is key. If it is due to moisture, having it turned on could cause it more damage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, custom Roms are the only UIs that I know of that allow you to unlock without using the touchscreen.

slopidroid

Reaction score
My phone has been going through similar problems. Except it mainly happens if the charger is plugged in, or headphonesor if it goes to sleep on its own. It usually freaks out but once I manually lock the phone then awaken it, its fine...sort of. And also recently my phone has been draining the battery really fast. I used to only charge it at night now its maybe 3x a day. Just in idle, it went from 90% to about 40% in about 3 hours. And the battery gets super hot to just in idle as well. I haven't downloaded any new apps recently. Any ideas?