Touchscreen Keyboard

SmartphoneNewbie

Reaction score
Is this touch screen keyboard hard to get used to? I am wondering because i will be coming from an env3 if i do decide to get this phone. I have used my girlfriends eris and i feel like i can get used to it, but i would appreciate the opinions of others that have used the phone more than just in store.

If i do get this phone and can't seem to get used to it is there anyway to return it or am i stuck with it for two years?

Thank you for the Help in advanced

bradlustig

Reaction score
Coming from an iphone, I'm getting used to the Incredible's keyboard. Surprisingly there are some differences. I think the iphone is a little more intuitive to use and maybe more accurate initially, but the Dinc's keyboard (after calibration) is really good and it's really full of nice features.

Puredrive

Reaction score
I said I would never get a phone without a phsical keyboard, until I found the Incredible. Once you let go and get used to it, everything is good. Plus I downloaded "BetterKeyboard" from the Marketplace and installed that, so I now have a bunch of choices for the look/feel of the keyboard (and I found one style that I really like called "moog").

slinky

Reaction score
Do you guys like the alternative keyboards and why? I found that the stock is very highly rated and full featured compared to the competition. I tried Smart Keyboard free and wasn't that impressed. The stock keyboard was much better and there are features (Android has a horrible way of showing settings, e.g. you need to actually input text and then select the menu button to find a text input prompt... ridiculous!)

The only one that looked interesting was fat keyboard, which makes keys a little fatter based upon your words as you type and chances taht they are the right key.

Puredrive

Reaction score
You have to pay and download the main "BetterKeyboard" program then you can install and run all of the other BetterKeyboard skins out there. You can download the skins alone, but they will not be able to be applied without the main program. I think it costs all of $2 or so for the main program and I feel it was easily worth it.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
The froyo keyboard is a pain in the ass though they move some stuff around

animal67

Reaction score
I have big fingers so when the keyboard is in landscape mode I always hit the period instead of the space bar. Making the space bar a tad bit bigger would be nice.

Havoc70

Reaction score
Not a big fan of the standard keyboard so i got Better Keyboard and the skins they have work great.