Touchscreen Button Problems

Tony_Stark

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
I understand that the touchscreen problem is a common one, but after a lot of searching, I can't seem to find anything this particular to this problem I have encountered. I have a Droid 2 that has worked perfectly for quite sometime. Suddenly yesterday a select number of "keys" on the touchscreen get no response. "Home" "Delete" "R" "E" "A" and a couple of others. This is in the "vertical" holding of the phone. If I turn the phone "horizontal" the "R" and "E" seem to function but other keys (including home) do not.

I have cleared data, cache... uninstalled GOSMS and GOLAUNCHEREX and a number of other apps. I have removed the battery and reinserted. I think I have exhausted all options. Does this sound familiar to anyone out there? Is there a fix? Thank you in advance for your time and help! :)

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you tried a Factory Data Reset? If you've used the solutions mentioned in other threads and the Factory Reset doesn't worth then your digitizer may be failing.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah, you need to do a factory data reset to eliminate the possibility of a software issue.. but it sounds like hardware. This is the quickest and easiest way to find out for sure.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!