Touchdown with hotmail ActiveSync

lucidstate

Reaction score
So I'm trying to get my business's hotmail account to sync perfectly with my droid (I know, I'm working on getting real email, but it's complicated). I am using Touchdown which I like so far. I have no problem receiving emails on my phone seconds after they arrive at the server. What I do not like however, is that when I delete an email from my phone, it doesn't delete it on the server right away. It says "Message marked for deletion" and will delete it only when I hit the sync button. I would like it to delete immediately without further action if possible.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you don't get any responses here I'd suggest checking out the Google Group for Touchdown.

MarkY3130

Reaction score
Just recently normal hotmail accounts were made available to function as exchange accounts and now work with the stock email app. It functions as a push account and syncs all the folders automatically. Just start a new account in the stock email app, put in address and password and push manual setup, choose exchange, put full email address in for domain (after slash), check the SSL and certificate boxes, change server to m.hotmail.com, and hit next. Works for me great. You manage it in the main phone settings under "accounts and sync" just like gmail or Facebook.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
On touchdown, look in the settings for "defer server updates". I believe it is checked by default. Uncheck it. I believe that is what you're looking for.