Touchdown vs. Active Sync for Dinc 2.2 OTA

chiadrum

Reaction score
I was hoping some folks out there might have some good input on this.
Are there any huge advantages between the two?
The things that I missed from the Berry sere being able to search sent and deleted folders and being able to do a lookup and then save the contact info.
Looks like that is do-able on the Touchdown.
Is that also do-able from the native Active Sync and I just don't know how?

Just wondering if any comprehensive comparisons have been done or if anyone knows of any links to point me towards besides my specific questions about the lookup and sent and deleted folders.

Can the 2 be run side by side?

Thanks

OP
chiadrum

chiadrum

Reaction score
OK-I am actually running them side by side for now.
One huge and very important difference is that the Touchdown app will do a global lookup while the Active Sync will not.
Am I missing something here?
That could be a deal breaker right there.My company was just purchased by a very large org and that feature alone will save me a lot of trouble in the next year.

Also strange that neither app shows messages in folders that exist-this worked on my old corp email-could be some kind of security thing.

Thanks

Reaction score
i love TD it rules and is much better then any stock exchange client imo!

Yes TD dues GAL and its great it has many bells and whistles plus the developer helps and answers questions FAST!

OP
chiadrum

chiadrum

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.
Strange-I can do GAL lookup from "people" and save,email,etc. but not from within "compose mail" on the Active Sync.
I will play with both for the 30 trial period of Touchdown but please keep the feedback coming.

How can I get the Active Sync to do a GAL from within the app itself?
Pretty insane that you have to switch apps for that to work...

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.
Strange-I can do GAL lookup from "people" and save,email,etc. but not from within "compose mail" on the Active Sync.
I will play with both for the 30 trial period of Touchdown but please keep the feedback coming.

How can I get the Active Sync to do a GAL from within the app itself?
Pretty insane that you have to switch apps for that to work...

not 100% sure what you mean?

in td i goto compose then hit the GAL button and i can find the people i need to there.

in htc exchange client it shows a button to look GAL but it doenst work.

TD is very tweakable so many little things i feel its worth the bucks!

OP
chiadrum

chiadrum

Reaction score
Just saying that in HTC Exchange it doesn't work but from the "People" app it does.You get an option for company directory and it's all good.
Or could that app be using my Touchdown sync?
Hard to know with both running.
I'll probably cough up the $20 but that is really the only drawback for my purposes so far.

Reaction score
see i cannot get to GAL with Htc app but with TD app i can.

they are separate apps and both can sync at the same time i run both. but i use td only ususally

Jamb

Reaction score
Have been using touchdown for almost a few days now and love it and all the features . I also like the easy set up and easy to use features.dancedroid