Touchdown Samsung S5 problems

clairejegan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to make changes to the settings for Touchdown (Version 8.4.00086) on my new S5 and cannot find the settings menu. There is no icon, no menu listing, no option. I have included a screenshot of the home screen I'm seeing.

One of the reasons I'm trying to access it is to stop the horrible vibrate notifications I get for every new email. If anyone knows how to stop that please let me know, cos I'm considering uninstalling the app because of it and this is the only way I've been able to access my work emails...

Thanks!

View attachment 70860

Pqua

Reaction score
Touchdown settings

I had this problem as well and was thankful someone pointed out the solution to me.

Select the Touchdown app from your apps menu (not the widget on your home screen). Press and hold the menu key (left of the home button) and the standard settings menu will appear.

Hope this helps!

OP
C

clairejegan

Reaction score
Thank you!

I had this problem as well and was thankful someone pointed out the solution to me.

Select the Touchdown app from your apps menu (not the widget on your home screen). Press and hold the menu key (left of the home button) and the standard settings menu will appear.

Hope this helps!

This did it! Thanks so much! Now I know... Both problems now solved.

jdgnyc

Reaction score
No 'menu' button on the new Samsung Galaxy 5s

This did it! Thanks so much! Now I know... Both problems now solved.

Hi - wondering if anyone knows how to do this when the menu button (left of the home button) has been removed from the new device. I have all "sounds" silenced in my phone settings and the buzzing is literally driving me crazy from the touchdown app. Anyone else have this problem? HELP. Thanks.

OMG!!!! I just figured it out. Your suggestions were awesome. Thanks for saving my sanity.

Last edited: