touch sensitivity suddenly dropped?

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
I have a droid 1 that is about 10 months old now and about a week ago the touch screen suddenly seemed to lose sensitivity. I have to tap on the same button numerous times before it registers a touch quite often now. It's as if the sensitivity used to be 100% and it suddenly dropped to 40%. It's especially aggravating when trying to use the soft keyboard.

It is stock 2.2 and removing the screen protector made no improvement.

Does this sound like a warranty issue? It's not quite a year old yet.

OP
D

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
quick update, I called verizon and they sent me out a new (refurbished) droid to replace mine with no drama. I had to go through their little routine checking everything and resetting it first but that was no big deal and it was over the phone so I didn't even have to leave home.

This refurbished one I got has much stronger vibration. The only thing I don't like is the slider on this new one is much "looser" feeling and doesn't lock closed as well as my old one did so time will tell if it holds up good. Touchscreen works like it's supposed to at least. The old one deffinantly had something wrong with it.

I had my fingers crossed that they would be out of droid1's and send me a droid2 but no such luck:(:( :eek: