touch sensitivity > adjust?

deltaqueen

Reaction score
I spend an inordinate amount of time being directed to pages I do not wish to browse and hitting the touch controls by accident at inopertune moments.

Is there a way to adjust the touch sensitivity? I can't find it.

Angry_snowman1

Reaction score
Try this.. On the home screen, Go to menu.. Locale & text..Touch input.. Text input.. then down to calibration tool. Follow that and Hopefully that will get you closer to where you want to be..

rbishopp

Reaction score
I contacted HTC and was told no you can not adjust the touch sensitivty. From experience I can tell you that touch with some authority helps. I have the same problem and also find myself backing out of pages. I'm getting better though.

Rich...

Silver Member
Reaction score
if you're coming from a resistive screen or have little experience with capacitive touch screens, it's a little bit of a learning curve. just keep in mind that deliberate presses are what keeps you sane. when scrolling, keep your finger planted on the screen. the lighter your touch, the more likely you are to miss. this doesn't mean that you should try to dig a hole in the screen, but just make sure you are keeping your finger against the glass.

zvrider

Reaction score
I noticed my eris is a lot more sensitive when it is hooked to the wall charger, I can unhook it and it works fine.

bad05gtt

Reaction score
Deltaqueen....coming from a blackberry i used the trackball all the time. once i got the eris i didnt used it at first but having the same problem as you i am now using the trackball quite a bit...when im surfing the net it really helps from being directed to pages i do not want to browse..once you find something on a link just push the trackball...try it ...it works !!!!!

OP
D

deltaqueen

Reaction score
Each response given was helpful. Thanks. Some pages are so laden with hyperlinks and adwords that I have a very big battle.

Is there a way to goto end of page in the standard browser without flinging?

bad05gtt

Reaction score
good question deltaqueen! i checked and cant seem to find a way without flinging or using the trackball. maybe somebody else knows the answer to this one !

Silver Member
Reaction score
Each response given was helpful. Thanks. Some pages are so laden with hyperlinks and adwords that I have a very big battle.

ALT + down arrow

Silver Member
Reaction score
HA! Sorry!! I didn't realize this was in the Eris forum!

refthemc

Reaction score
Try this.. On the home screen, Go to menu.. Locale & text..Touch input.. Text input.. then down to calibration tool. Follow that and Hopefully that will get you closer to where you want to be..

This only calibrates the on screen keyboard but not the whole screen. When my fingers cant click what I want it to click I just use the trackball.

Sometimes I just Zoom out and scroll down then Zoom in.

fingaz

Reaction score
Has anyone found out how to do this?

I remember with my old HTC Touch 6900 and xv6700, I was able to change the Registry settings to change the touch screen's sensitivity. I just got a new eris from insurance, flashed 2.2 and now it seems like i really have to press pretty hard to "click" on icons and the like. I didn't even put a screen protector on yet, either.