Touch screen test

Reaction score
I think it has more to do with the app than the screen resolution/sensitivity. Tried the test with MagicMarker by Jaytronix (see image attached). Looks a lot smoother than the crap in their test.

What bugs me is how much coverage this bogus test has received. The power of the blog can be a negative as much as a positive thing

+1 I was JUST going to mention this.

I used the program DRAW! at first and did noticed the stair stepping. Then I watched the video again, and noticed the propaganda against the droid. He's using the same applications for the HTC phones (because he figured if there was a difference in those it might seem suspicious) and DRAW! for the Droid.

What a douche nugget! He did this crap on purpose realizing DRAW! doesn't sample as well as the program he used for the eris and nexus one.
EDIT: Notice he uses a different test for the picture than in the video to appear that his results are fair...**** waffle.

This poor reviewing is honestly getting on my nerves. If anyone should be partial it would be CNET, but now it's no holds barred. TechnoBuffalo seems to be the only decent one around that tries to be partial to all parties.

Current list of crap reviewers:
CNET
Engadget
Boy Genius Report
(feel free to add to the list)

Last edited:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
my tests were looking exactly the same as that article on fingerpaint and magicmarker...the article said they moved their finger really slow across the screen...thats what i did and mine looked horrible on both apps...but then i swiped my finger kinda fast and the lines were perfect...my screen looked just like that iphone's screen in the article...

Reaction score
my tests were looking exactly the same as that article on fingerpaint and magicmarker...the article said they moved their finger really slow across the screen...thats what i did and mine looked horrible on both apps...but then i swiped my finger kinda fast and the lines were perfect...my screen looked just like that iphone's screen in the article...

The tests mean nothing regardless. He was spouting some bs like poor line drawing will affect the touch screen.. Has anyone here had a single issue with their touch screen not doing what it wanted? I sure haven't.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

The tests mean nothing regardless. He was spouting some bs like poor line drawing will affect the touch screen.. Has anyone here had a single issue with their touch screen not doing what it wanted? I sure haven't.

No...not really...it does exactly what i need...and more...those articles just get under my skin...coz its always like the iPhone is always a step ahead of everyone else supposedly...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
It gets under my skin too. I hate it when people act impartial while being completely biased. So many "sources" lack morals these days. It's sad :(

NickWgnr

Reaction score
We should all blow up the comments section on there!
REVOLT!

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Guchi

Reaction score
my screen is very accurate i can hit the page and next buttons in forums in landscape mode without zooming in for the most part

pb8185

Reaction score
I think it has more to do with the app than the screen resolution/sensitivity. Tried the test with MagicMarker by Jaytronix (see image attached). Looks a lot smoother than the crap in their test.

What bugs me is how much coverage this bogus test has received. The power of the blog can be a negative as much as a positive thing

Yeah I just downloaded the app, and again got the stepping effect, how fast did you draw the lines? If you drew those rather slowly, then I am beginning to suspect a) it's a difference of firmware cause the milestone is not updated OR b) my screen protector which may be contributing the the inaccuracy.

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
It gets under my skin too. I hate it when people act impartial while being completely biased. So many "sources" lack morals these days. It's sad :(
I'm with ya on this...as soon as I read this I immediately downloaded simply draw and did a test, we should all send our results to BRG, Engadget, and CNET...freakin' fanboies piss me off! :mad:

WeedR

Reaction score
Does anyone agree with this? Because I don't!!

Capacitive touch screen battle: iPhone, Droid, Nexus One and Eris | e's PhoneBlog

Check this out, I think this is a bunch of BS. I personally think my touch screen on my DROID is near perfect, if not perfect. I don't have any problems with it, and this test doesn't seem accurate at all. Anybody want to chime in and throw in your comments?

*mod edit: thread merged*

Last edited by a moderator:

Benton

Reaction score
Sure there is biase in many or even most reviews, critiques and comparisons but this isn't anything different than what is happening in many places in recent times. Unlike many, most of the posters here make their decisions on device performance based on what they see not what other people/organizations say (that may have agendas), and that is how most of us chose the device we now have.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

No...not really...it does exactly what i need...and more...those articles just get under my skin...coz its always like the iPhone is always a step ahead of everyone else supposedly...

Whoa...this looks funny...I coulda swore I didn't put iPhone...I kept the Ph cerealkiller!! I didn't think that was too bad...

cyber3d

Reaction score

Yeah I just downloaded the app, and again got the stepping effect, how fast did you draw the lines? If you drew those rather slowly, then I am beginning to suspect a) it's a difference of firmware cause the milestone is not updated OR b) my screen protector which may be contributing the the inaccuracy.

I matched the speed on his video. Could it make any difference if you turn off the sync,bluetooth,wifi,GPS, and light control?

Post your pic of your test.

cyber3d

Reaction score
Fight back against all the bad press

Everyone please take an active role in debunking all these lies about the accuracy of the Droid screen. Everyone needs to post feedback on these blogs. Sign up if you have to. But, don't let it spread any further.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Screen more accurate than my rough skinned fingers :p

Lol... I think they have problems because the screen is so sensitive... personally with my large fingers (especially my thumb) I find the screen can have off tracking just because the screen is sensitive enough to read multiple points of my finger touching simultaneously. I have a screen protector and I still barely need to tap the screen for it to read. While it's nice most of the time (for selecting icons, using the dialing pad ect.) it makes some games and other tasks a bit annoying. Almost wish they had included a stylus. Probably going to pick one up for use with some programs (mainly games though).