Touch Screen Response

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running UDX8, and I have intermittent (and more frequent) screen issues. The screen will not register touch, or register in the wrong location. Sometimes this is resolved with a lock and unlock, but often it doesnt seem to have any fix but a reboot. Commonly, the delete key on the soft keyboard in portrait mode will register as the "m" key.

Anyone experience anything like this? I never had this problem on any of the other ROMs I've run....

Aside from this problem, I love UDX8.

Thanks guys.

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
Try another rom with a clean install. If it still has the same issues it is likely a hardware problem. I just got my 10 month old droid replaced under warranty because the touch screen sensitivity suddenly went to crap. If normal sensitivity is 100%, it dropped to 30%.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try another rom with a clean install. If it still has the same issues it is likely a hardware problem. I just got my 10 month old droid replaced under warranty because the touch screen sensitivity suddenly went to crap. If normal sensitivity is 100%, it dropped to 30%.

I wouldn't think this would be a ROM issue but, you could try flashing UD8 again. I'd probably put my money on hardware though because it sounds like the quadrants are out of whack and the sensitivity is off because of that. If it were the ROM, its more likely that more users would have the same issue.

DawsonMobley

Reaction score

I wouldn't think this would be a ROM issue but, you could try flashing UD8 again. I'd probably put my money on hardware though because it sounds like the quadrants are out of whack and the sensitivity is off because of that. If it were the ROM, its more likely that more users would have the same issue.

I doubt it's the rom either, I suggested trying another rom to eliminate the possibility that it's a software issue before he looks into getting the phone replaced.
That's how I trouble shoot problems, eliminate the other possibilities and whats left is usually the problem.

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've reflashed the thing twice, clean both times. After further testing, it seems to be a dead zone on the screen.... Grumble grumble.

Anyway, I know the Moto Warranty is 1 year, so I'm covered in that respect. Does Moto care about 3rd party ROMs? I may reflash back to stock anyway, but I'm TDY on the other side of the country right now, and it's a bit more of a headache than it normally would be.

Thanks

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
I've reflashed the thing twice, clean both times. After further testing, it seems to be a dead zone on the screen.... Grumble grumble.

Anyway, I know the Moto Warranty is 1 year, so I'm covered in that respect. Does Moto care about 3rd party ROMs? I may reflash back to stock anyway, but I'm TDY on the other side of the country right now, and it's a bit more of a headache than it normally would be.

Thanks

Flash it back to stock before you call to get the return process going. Technically it does void the warranty but since there is no way a rom could damage the touchscreen I wouldn't worry about it.

altimax98

Reaction score
Im having a similar problem on mine. Its like my spacebar button is disconnected sometimes and moved up, so when i hit space it will occasionally hit the home button. Ive never had an issue before the rom, but its not a big problem considering how this rom and my phone love eachother lol

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm familiar with the warranty voiding fiascos. Like I said, I'm just 2500 miles from home and this is a bit more challenging than it would normally be.

Thanks guys,
LtKen

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
After the nightmare that was locating a 2.2 SBF, I got it flashed back to stock. Took VZW all of 5 seconds to offer to send me a replacement. Easy peasy.

Thanks again.

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got the CLNR -- keyboard was peeling off. VZW is overnighting me a Droid 2. Thanks again guys.