Touch Screen Quit Working

Andyman74

Reaction score
I backed up my rom, formated and loaded a new rom and now the touch screen doesn't work. Doesn't mater what I load back in..even the rom I backed up, It loads to the lock screen and touch screen won't work. Any one have a fix or know why this is happening?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
No, I bought it back in November.

I would say call verizon and see what they can do, don't mention rooting of course, and if they can't do anything try motorola then insurance. Might be out 90 bucks but better than nothing. I don't think rooting caused the problem.

OP
A

Andyman74

Reaction score
Where does the $90 come into play? Can I get a replacement from Verizon for this? What about insurance? Thanks for your help.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Where does the $90 come into play? Can I get a replacement from Verizon for this? What about insurance? Thanks for your help.

I do belive the deductable fo insurance is $90. but call verizon they might be able to help. The manufactures warranty is for 1 year so they might be able to help.

OP
A

Andyman74

Reaction score
exchanged for a new one..$0 Hopefully I can keep my hands out of this one :) ....but I doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I thought that would be the price you'd be charged.

These phones come with a 1 yr warranty. With all the various mods out there if one of them was frying the screen there would be a ton of posts about it. In this case the screen died, a hardware issue which resulted in a trade for your defunct phone for a "certified like-new" phone.

I'm not so worried about the first year. It's next year I'd be concerned.

Glad it worked out for you.

pudah

Reaction score
You dont need to keep your hands out of it if it's a hardware issue. Get it back to stock so the warranty isn't voided. Then USE said warranty to get a reaplcement. It's within the 1 year coverage, so you're fine. It'll likely be a refurbished replacement, but it'll work.

OP
A

Andyman74

Reaction score
I'm already reading up on the next rom. Damn that didn't take long:)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm already reading up on the next rom. Damn that didn't take long:)

Once you get the bug a little hardware issue won't stop you. Good luck with your future mods and if anything arises.....we're here.

glenn2350

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

I'm having an issue with a droid 3 I bought from someone. It was working fine then out of no where the touch screen quit working. I did a hard reset, took it apart to see if anything came unplugged and nothing was unplugged.. Then out of no where it started working again... Then it stopped!! So i thought it was the digitizer.. I ordered a new one. Took everything apart put the new screen in and it still didn't work.. I took it back apart to double check every thing then boom it works! not sure if its going to stay working... Any ideas on what could be going on?? thanks!

gezus_k

Reaction score
I also have a digitizer that for no clear reason is not working. I recently purchased a used Droid 3 with a cracked screen but in otherwise perfectly working condition. Ordered a new digitizer, took it all apart and replaced the cracked one, phone starts fine but I have no touch control (I can power off the phone using the keypad), took everything apart again to make sure all connections were secure, put it back together, still nothing...
disassembled the phone for a third time to re-install the cracked glass, still no touch control (phone boots fine with keyboard)... I only see one connection between the digitizer and the ribbon on the back of the lcd, and one connection between that ribbon and the motherboard, all connections are tight and I see no damage anywhere... I'm lost, I'm curious what you could be doing to make it work sometimes and hope any solution you find can help me as well, Good Luck