Touch screen problem...

JRip

Reaction score
I have the Droid 2. Spilled a glass of water on it the other day. I put it in rice for 2 days. Everything has continued to work as normal with exception of the screen. The bottom left corner of the screen works SOMETIMES. Not sure what makes it come and go but it'll work for a while then all the sudden it stops responding. Just the bottom left corner by the 4 box settings button. Any idea what it could be? A short maybe? I bought tools to take it apart but I'm nervous about doing that. I really don't want to pay $89 for a refurbished replacement. Any ideas??? Thanks.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have the Droid 2. Spilled a glass of water on it the other day. I put it in rice for 2 days. Everything has continued to work as normal with exception of the screen. The bottom left corner of the screen works SOMETIMES. Not sure what makes it come and go but it'll work for a while then all the sudden it stops responding. Just the bottom left corner by the 4 box settings button. Any idea what it could be? A short maybe? I bought tools to take it apart but I'm nervous about doing that. I really don't want to pay $89 for a refurbished replacement. Any ideas??? Thanks.

There are repair shops that can change the screen. Don't know if it would be less than insurance deductible though!!

At least for $89 exchange you will have a phone that has never been dunked. :)