Touch screen not responding

Ymgtc4

Reaction score
I have the original droid and the touch screen just stopped responding there is also a solid red light in the corner
I already tried the re-boot and the hard reset and niether worked
The keypad works just not the touch screen or the 4 buttons on bottom

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Very strange. I would have sooner thought the keyboard would fail and the touch screen would still work, considering the keyboard is connected by a flexible ribbon connection that over time could crack. Have you spilled anything onto the screen that could have leaked down along the edges and left a residue? I know that if there is any muck along the edges that can cause the digitizer to act very strangely, however that red light has me worried. The light may be an indication of a chip failure.

OP
Y

Ymgtc4

Reaction score
Very strange. I would have sooner thought the keyboard would fail and the touch screen would still work, considering the keyboard is connected by a flexible ribbon connection that over time could crack. Have you spilled anything onto the screen that could have leaked down along the edges and left a residue? I know that if there is any muck along the edges that can cause the digitizer to act very strangely, however that red light has me worried. The light may be an indication of a chip failure.

No I don't think that I spilled anything on it.