nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
My Droid 1 seems to get possessed usually within 1-5 minutes after booting up.

Its like someone is touching the screen all over and typing.

I tried factory wiping and installing fresh roms and I tried restoring other states that worked fine.

None of this worked.

There was no physical damage done to the phone and this problem seemed to come from nowhere.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

I can only use my phone for like a minute then this problem starts.

Robdiesel

Reaction score
Dude.. I used to have the same problem when I had a droid1!.. I think that happens with time with touch screens. I just got the Droidx.. good luck.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
ya i feel like it may be a hardware issue since it it happening regardless of what rom i'm running.

If that's the case do you know if verizon will replace it? Can I use my insurance to replace it or will they not allow me to because I rooted.

This is really important I can't use my phone so please help me people

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You should be able to use your ins. Unroot 1st. Link 2 in my sig

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Hmmm

I think i may have fixed it.

I did 5 data wipes and I installed GPA15

I still can't type with the on screen keyboard because there are dead spots that don't work for some reason.

I think it may be time for a new phone.

This is annoying.

Robdiesel

Reaction score
Yea.. if you have insurance you can definitely can a replacement. I did that like two times. Don't worry about the root.. just let them know your screen is not responding.. Best of luck

Sent from my DROIDX

kiwiguy

Reaction score
The same problem happened to my D1 last week!! Your digitizer has broken. The only solution is to replace it or buy a new phone (If you do a search on "Droid" and "digitizer" you will find many people who have had this same problem)

I researched repair stores and finally settled on a place called Mission Repair in KS (www.mission repair.com). Sent my precious Droid to them on Tuesday and got it back as good as new on Friday for a cost (including Fedex) of around $90 - certainly a lot cheaper than a new phone.

alex40cal

Reaction score
If you have insurance, shouldve just said you lost it and paid the $50
Just a thought

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
wow

The same problem happened to my D1 last week!! Your digitizer has broken. The only solution is to replace it or buy a new phone (If you do a search on "Droid" and "digitizer" you will find many people who have had this same problem)

I researched repair stores and finally settled on a place called Mission Repair in KS (www.mission repair.com). Sent my precious Droid to them on Tuesday and got it back as good as new on Friday for a cost (including Fedex) of around $90 - certainly a lot cheaper than a new phone.

$90 is more than the insurance deductable so i would be better off getting a replacement than repairing.

However, verizon insurance (ensorion or something) raised my deductible from $50 to $80 so i feel like i'm better off putting that $80 towards a new phone than getting a refurbished D1.

I know new **** is coming out but in this game every phone is obsolete in 4 months any way so there is no point waiting for the tegra/bionic. The thunderbolt has plenty of features and it may be the last droid with an unlocked bootloader so i'm gonna just go with that.

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
just incase i do decide to replace my D1 for some reason are you sure that if i send them back my phone rooted they won't check and see its rooted and charge me full price?

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
just incase i do decide to replace my D1 for some reason are you sure that if i send them back my phone rooted they won't check and see its rooted and charge me full price?
Like someone above said, just tell them it's lost. They'll blacklist it so that it cant be activated.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Insurance doesn't care about root.

Besides, you can sbf it like Tallica said very easily.

Silly to say you lost it, they could easily fix it and get it back in the loop.