1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

touch screen busted?

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by jgaeta, Apr 8, 2011.

1. jgaeta

jgaeta New Member

hello all. im currently running PE 5.0.2 and have been since it was released. i have been running it error free for weeks now. i woke up this morning and was checking the weather and all of a sudden my phone was acting all crazy. it was like an invisible finger was touching the screen and sliding around the homescreens. i didn't know what the heck was going on so i formatted and loaded the PE 5.0.1 again and am having the same problems. i haven't changed kernels or updated the ROM and am not running any themes. my phone seems to be possessed, haha (it's currently in google maps scrolling around a map of maine). is it something busted with the capacitive touch screen? i don't imagine it's anything ROM related but any advice/guidance would be helpful... thanks in advance everyone.
  2. jcwilliams

jcwilliams New Member

So I take it that you've tried wiping everything sbd reinstalling?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. jgaeta

jgaeta New Member

yes, i went back to stock and the problem continues. i will be bringing it in for service today and see what they will do for me.
  4. floyd

floyd New Member

Had same issue. Determined it was a hardware issue: either screen wore out or overclocking finally fried something. Since you are rooted and running a custom ROM "bringing it in for service" is unwise unless you flash it back to stock, which is pretty much impossible with screen issues.

Tl;dr You're likely screwed. I bought a "like new" droid 1 on ebay for $130 while I wait for the next killer android phone.
  5. jgaeta

jgaeta New Member

it was intermittent enough where i could flash it back to stock. they did end up replacing the phone though, which i was very happy about. already rooted and back running PE 4.2!
  6. floyd

floyd New Member

You were still under 12 mo warranty? And you were able to get a droid 1 as a replacement? What planet pls?