Touch Recovery

kbrown.1407

Reaction score
I just got the img file for touch CW Recovery from the website. How do I "flash" img files (to update my recovery to the touch version)?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Follow this procedure:

1. Get a Galaxy Nexus
2. Flash it with Clockwork Touch Recovery
3. Throw the Thunderbolt in a body of water for fun :D

Yeah, we all got excited when we heard Clockwork Touch was out there, but alas, it's for Galaxy Nexus only for now. Obviously the Thunderbolt will get it *eventually*, though.

OP
K

kbrown.1407

Reaction score
Follow this procedure:

1. Get a Galaxy Nexus
2. Flash it with Clockwork Touch Recovery
3. Throw the Thunderbolt in a body of water for fun :D

Yeah, we all got excited when we heard Clockwork Touch was out there, but alas, it's for Galaxy Nexus only for now. Obviously the Thunderbolt will get it *eventually*, though.

Before I go throwing my phone into a body of water....are you sure it's not available?

ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries leads me to believe differently. I just don't know how to flash the .img file that you get from here. I've seen some instructions on how to flash .img files but they are more advanced than I am. I hate to have to just wing it and hope for the best when I don't truly understand how something should be done. Looking for some detailed instructions (simplified) to show me how it should be done. And also to see if it's worth it for that matter.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
So it would seem that day has come sooner than I had expected... Last I checked it was Pure Google phones only... But that's good, we can flash in hboot it seems:

http://androidforums.com/evo-3d-all-things-root/385358-how-manually-flash-recovery-image-via-fastboot-sd-card.html

M
y Thunderbolt is temporarily retired and I'm on my OG Droid until Verizon fixes the data connection issues, so I wouldn't be the best person to walk you through it... But hopefully someone else can chime in with assistance if this link ^ didn't do it. Hope I helped/sorry for the outdated info!

EDIT: Good stuff, I flashed it through ADB, but it's great!

OP
K

kbrown.1407

Reaction score
Thanks! That was enough confirmation to be confident what I thought should be done was correct. I appreciate the help!