Totally off Topic...Care to share on your theory of time travel?

B

bens42608

There's been a new breakthrough in quantum physics that has shown that the results of an entanglement experiment can be determined after they have already been recorded. The decision in the future determines what the result was in the past. These quantum particles have no respect for time- at least not in any linear sense. Entanglement is the key to any technology that connects two points whether in time or in space, but we are very far away from using this technology as our first quantum supercomputers

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

meishkov

Reaction score
What r these pics of human looking creatures in astronaut outfits? Is that referring to some new research that just came out or something? Only thing I'm thinking of is like Egyptian hieroglyphics with Pharaoh looking figures in them.

Also what is the Droid spyder? Brand new or an older global phone That didn't get alot of pub?

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay...I saw this thread and wanted to chime in with my thoughts.

If time travel to the future were possible, that would mean "fate" does exist. That we are following a life path pre-determined by some higher power. That no matter what we do, even me typing this response, it has been scripted and we cannot change it. Whenever I think this, I think of the line from "The Matrix" when Neo is asked if he believes in fate. His response was "I don't like the idea of not being in control of my life." Or something to that effect. But, this could explain that if time travel to the past were possible, how the present is the way it is without erratically changing....that if we could go back in time, if we were to somehow alter what happened then, it could impact the way things are in the present.

Now, if "fate" does not exist and we truly are in control of things then consider these:
- If we could travel back in time, we could alter courses of events...which would be constantly, chaotically altering the present (exteme examples: a wastebasket may be under your desk one minute, then just gone the next....somebody could be walking down the street one minute, then suddenly vanish in thin air as if they were never conceived...)
- If we could travel to the future, then it would be a sort of "blank canvas". There would be nothing when we arrive there. Absolutely nothing. Because who would know what would happen in the future if the present is constantly changing?

Some weird food for thought. I think time travel would just upset the universe in general.

You are forgetting about the possibility of alternate timelines, strands branching off a "normal" time line. Just think of the show Sliders. Maybe if people travel back in time and alter things, it just creates an alternate timeline...another dimension so to speak, and the current timeline we live in is un-touched.

Time could all be an illusion or something that only people of this reality suffer from anyways. Or Time travel could also be impossible due to feedback energy from wormholes and the paradox time travel would cause.

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
What's up D2D!? You should check out the Steven Hawking shows in Netflix there is a great one on time travel. He postulates time travel into the past virtually impossible because of several of the known laws of physics. He thinks travel onto the future (essentially by slowing time down around you) is probable but due to the amounts of energy required highky unlikely any time soon.

His ideas about travel to the past i found very interesting. Essentially his theory, essentially specific to worm hole travel, states that natural radioactivity prevents a whole from being open for any significantly period of time. This all assumes we can even generate the amount of energy needs to capture, open, expand, or captivate a worm hole. So he hypothesized the radioactive radiation that is always present int the universe will always be first through the whole. That puts mpre energy into the space in the past which in turn increases proportionally in the future/present. More amd more radiation passes intonthe immediate past creating what he describes as similar to cyclic feedback (the same type you get by pointing a microphone at a speaker) the end result being so much energy the worm wjole will collapse even before it could be used.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
What's up D2D!? You should check out the Steven Hawking shows in Netflix there is a great one on time travel. He postulates time travel into the past virtually impossible because of several of the known laws of physics. He thinks travel onto the future (essentially by slowing time down around you) is probable but due to the amounts of energy required highky unlikely any time soon.

His ideas about travel to the past i found very interesting. Essentially his theory, essentially specific to worm hole travel, states that natural radioactivity prevents a whole from being open for any significantly period of time. This all assumes we can even generate the amount of energy needs to capture, open, expand, or captivate a worm hole. So he hypothesized the radioactive radiation that is always present int the universe will always be first through the whole. That puts mpre energy into the space in the past which in turn increases proportionally in the future/present. More amd more radiation passes intonthe immediate past creating what he describes as similar to cyclic feedback (the same type you get by pointing a microphone at a speaker) the end result being so much energy the worm wjole will collapse even before it could be used.

Oh yeah brother....I know that theory too.. love Einsteins theories..how have you been??????

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<-----:)
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Ok guys chew on this.... Everything we know about space and the vastness of space and all these theories are based on the speed of light being a constant. That's how we measure space ie....light year. The distance light travels in a year. So now what it I said that the speed of light might be slowing down. That it's not a constant. Basically our yard stick of how we measure everything is shrinking and the foundation of many theories we hold dear is not as rock solid as we once thought. Ponder this for a while.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok guys chew on this.... Everything we know about space and the vastness of space and all these theories are based on the speed of light being a constant. That's how we measure space ie....light year. The distance light travels in a year. So now what it I said that the speed of light might be slowing down. That it's not a constant. Basically our yard stick of how we measure everything is shrinking and the foundation of many theories we hold dear is not as rock solid as we once thought. Ponder this for a while.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Good stuff bro!

Razr Minimum...:)

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

Plus the worm hole is microscopic and we wouldn't fit.

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
So since we all see the pros and the cons as well as possibilities and impossibilities lets further in or on to the other side. How about the crop circles...lol How about we are possibly genetically altered " cavemen" bred to farm or mine gold and other resources? Im telling you the more i read the more im enlightened, somewhat unsure however majorly impressed by these studies...Anyone actually see these documentaries or the Ancient Aliens episodes? If not, check them out if you can... im loving this stuff. I mean many thoughts as a child and ideas i thought too embarrassed to share are apparently being discussed by scholars! Wow...lol Edit: Yes i know this all seems next to extreme crazy or to some including me at one time or another "Just plain Far Fetched" however its the way they show biblical scripts and old text and hieroglyphs of this either happening or metaphors of describing such huge impacts of our past...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

aceofspades

Reaction score
I really don't believe time travel is possible. We would have known by now. It's just a wild concept that is quite fascinating, but just not possible.

I for one like movies about it and even made a short film about 3 guys who escape the hands of some bandits from the old west.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
My problem with time travel is, the Earth is moving very fast. So if you travel any length of time the Earth is no longer at the a same place. Breathing vacuum is very bad.

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
What about that theory, I think Einstein came up with it, it might be the Theory of Relativity, but it says that as speed increases, time decreases, so in theory one can significantly slow down the passage of time for themselves by traveling at light or near-light speed.

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
What about that theory, I think Einstein came up with it, it might be the Theory of Relativity, but it says that as speed increases, time decreases, so in theory one can significantly slow down the passage of time for themselves by traveling at light or near-light speed.

That's the one!!! Lol Awesome and interesting show...

Sent from my Droid Razr using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2