Totally new to Droid here

new2droid3

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm totally new to Droid - got my first one, a Droid3, a couple of months ago. For most of that time, I've had trouble with the phone turning itself *on.* It's intermittent (of course), and when I took it into the local store for tech support, they thought it was probably a software bug that I'd picked up, and reloaded it. It seemed ok for about a week (I was traveling), but then returned to its weirdness. Sometimes it turns itself back on right away after I turn it off, sometimes it waits a few minutes, sometimes it's about 5-10 minutes, and sometimes it's sometime during the night. If it is a bug, the best I can track it to is Vz Navigator, which is the last thing I loaded before it started acting up. Anybody else see anything like this? Is it a setting on the phone for something that I'm overlooking?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to the Site!

Sorry you are having issues with your phone. I do not know much of anything about the Droid 3 so I would say try removing navigator and then head over to the D3 section here for info. And if you don't find what you need there you may have to go back to VZW with it. Sorry I didn't have more for you.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community. We're glad to have you with us and congrats on the new D3 but srry it has a bug. It does sound like something to do with the software unless your power button is sticking down after you turn it off. Thats about all i can think of. Maybe try a factory reset and see of that helps? also i put the link to the droid 3 forums below.

Droid 3 sub-forum:
Droid 3 Forum
Droid 3

Tegamal

Reaction score
Welcome!

I found this forum a few months before getting my OG Droid, & I can't tell you how much I've learned! I'm the Android go-to guy at work, & it's all thanks to this community.

Enjoy your stay!

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums