Totally new to Droid here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by new2droid3, Sep 17, 2011.

1. new2droid3

new2droid3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone. I'm totally new to Droid - got my first one, a Droid3, a couple of months ago. For most of that time, I've had trouble with the phone turning itself *on.* It's intermittent (of course), and when I took it into the local store for tech support, they thought it was probably a software bug that I'd picked up, and reloaded it. It seemed ok for about a week (I was traveling), but then returned to its weirdness. Sometimes it turns itself back on right away after I turn it off, sometimes it waits a few minutes, sometimes it's about 5-10 minutes, and sometimes it's sometime during the night. If it is a bug, the best I can track it to is Vz Navigator, which is the last thing I loaded before it started acting up. Anybody else see anything like this? Is it a setting on the phone for something that I'm overlooking?

2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Welcome to the Site!

Sorry you are having issues with your phone. I do not know much of anything about the Droid 3 so I would say try removing navigator and then head over to the D3 section here for info. And if you don't find what you need there you may have to go back to VZW with it. Sorry I didn't have more for you.

3. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +160
    Welcome to the community. We're glad to have you with us and congrats on the new D3 but srry it has a bug. It does sound like something to do with the software unless your power button is sticking down after you turn it off. Thats about all i can think of. Maybe try a factory reset and see of that helps? also i put the link to the droid 3 forums below.

Droid 3 sub-forum:
    Droid 3 Forum
    Droid 3

4. CJM

CJM Super Moderator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,810
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Corey
    :welcome: to the forum!

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

5. Tegamal

Tegamal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome!

I found this forum a few months before getting my OG Droid, & I can't tell you how much I've learned! I'm the Android go-to guy at work, & it's all thanks to this community.

Enjoy your stay!

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums