1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

TOTAL NOOB...any help out there?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by pokerdroid, Jul 15, 2010.

1. pokerdroid

pokerdroid New Member

Just got my Motorola Droid off of craigslist coming from a Blackberry Curve.

I've never been this into a phone, but the Droid is pretty cool and since I'm anti-apple, but liked all the things the iphone did, I'm happy the Android OS has arrived (for awhile now).

I've seen all the YouTube'rs, rooting their phone and updating to 2.2 Froyo and what not, but I'm just not tech savvy to do this. Or too scared to brick my phone. I guess I'm running Android 2.1update1.

Can anyone give me an actual step by step (literally) way to root my phone so I can use it to its full potential? OR should I just wait for the OTA 2.2 update? I just wanna be cool like everyone else. THANKS!
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator

the root unroot link in my sig is a good guide on getting root access for you. Read over it and understand the steps and its really not that hard. If you have more questions feel free to ask.
    Sent from my Droid