Total battery drain?

TJM

Reaction score
I have read in several threads about allowing your Droid to completely run out of battery - a couple of times. I have not done this yet and have had my Droid since Christmas. Should I still do it, and why? Appreciate your help!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've had my Droid since November and I accidentally did it once when I didn't properly seat it in the desk cradle to charge overnight. there is a little bit of debate about this. The batteries don't need it, as I understand, but some folks say the phone "meter" needs to know where zero is. Not sure I believe that. But don't know for sure.

ShowTime

Reaction score
It goes with talk of needing to condition the battery essentially, to teach it to squeeze as much juice out of one power cycle as possible. I've had my phone a little over a month and will let it die before charging whenever it's feasible. With older phones and even my first ipod, I would just charge it whenever (sometimes the battery would be at 5%, 30%, 60%, whatever) and after a while, I noticed that when I would let it go to the point of dieing, it didn't last even close to as long as it originally did. So I will continue to let it drain all the way down when I can, despite no widespread agreement or evidence that it's necessary. Kind of a "to each his own" thing.