Toshiba thrive will not boot

1slychef

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
My wife has a toshiba thrive, it was starting to have issues but now it just goes to Toshiba leading innovation screen and stays there for a while before going to the "fireworks" screen.
From the Toshiba thrive forum I learned to take the two batteries out and replace. Start it up with the volume up and power buttons to clear cache and wipe all personal data and reboot.
I have done all these things but nothing has changed.
Is there anything anyone can do for me in here or is it now just a brick that she bought with her father's inheritance?
Thank-you in advance for any and all help!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DF! It appears that you have already performed a factory data reset which should return the tablet to newest state possible. That is usually the last resort when trying to fix issues with a phone or tablet. How old is this tablet? Does it boot up to the start screen eventually. It is possible that it has lived out its useful life.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP

1slychef

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
Welcome to DF! It appears that you have already performed a factory data reset which should return the tablet to newest state possible. That is usually the last resort when trying to fix issues with a phone or tablet. How old is this tablet? Does it boot up to the start screen eventually. It is possible that it has lived out its useful life.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
The thrive is roughly 4 years old. On start up it goes to the Toshiba leading innovation screen and then after a while it goes to the "fireworks" screen. But does nothing from there. It's as if it wants to boot but cannot. From previous threads from the thrive forum there was an administrator that could "re-flash" from there. I really don't know what that means but I think that will be the last resort as to whether or not it is just given its life.
So I guess I'm looking for info or a how to on this "re-flash"? Thank-you!