Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

thrive.ebay.deal.png

If you've been wanting to get an Android Tablet then this deal might make it easier for you to decide.

This dual-core Android 3.1 tablet can handle all of the peripherals that you can possibly throw at it, and for today only, you can grab the 8GB version for $380 from eBay Daily Deals.

So what are you waiting for? ;)

Be sure to check out Thrive Forums!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
too expensive. Others outhere like the transformer is 399 for 16gb

Depending on your needs, the Thrive offers much more than the Transformer. Between the full-size USB, HDMI, and SD slot that are all on the tablet itself and the user-replaceable battery, it's easily the most flexible when taken on it's own. Toshiba's customer service has also been top notch in dealing with any issues.

It's certainly not for everyone, but if you're in the market for what it offers, it's a fantastic tablet. I love mine, and it provides exactly what I need. No other tablet out on the market can do that (the upcoming ThinkPad Tablet will be worth taking a look at though).

Not a bad deal, but not as good as the price was with the Staples coupon last month.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Not good at all. 400 for 8gb not to mention this device was having problems and a lot were being returned. Only thing it offers is a lot of holes on the side

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Not good at all. 400 for 8gb not to mention this device was having problems and a lot were being returned. Only thing it offers is a lot of holes on the side

The only problem is the sleep issue, and that has been fixed. The update should be coming out soon for everyone.

And I'll take 8gb with the ability to use any of the full size SD cards/micro SD cards I have laying around (or up to a 128gb SD card if I want) over a 16gb/32gb model any day of the week. Being able to directly use flash drives/external storage with an adapter or a dock is also a major plus.

Like I said, it's not for everyone, but some people actually want and will actually use the flexibility the Thrive offers.

GeLopez

Reaction score

The only problem is the sleep issue, and that has been fixed. The update should be coming out soon for everyone.

And I'll take 8gb with the ability to use any of the full size SD cards/micro SD cards I have laying around (or up to a 128gb SD card if I want) over a 16gb/32gb model any day of the week. Being able to directly use flash drives/external storage with an adapter or a dock is also a major plus.

Like I said, it's not for everyone, but some people actually want and will actually use the flexibility the Thrive offers.

You make it sound like the transformer doesn't have a card slot. Wow 128 if you want and the transformer 16gb? Come on. Where is the transformer card slot on your comment?.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

You make it sound like the transformer doesn't have a card slot. Wow 128 if you want and the transformer 16gb? Come on. Where is the transformer card slot on your comment?.

Nope, no "come on" about it. I never made it sound like that at all. I actually never even mentioned the Transformer in that post. Other tablets have 16gb/32gb options, the Thrive included, and that's actually what I was referring to. There's no reason to read into my comment and make it seem like I was putting down the the Transformer. I'm not. It's a great device, and it's perfect for the needs of a lot of people. It's just not the device for me.

That particular comment that you quoted was in reply to 8gb not being big enough for the price. It's plenty big enough for the price when you take into account the additional storage options that you have over other tablets directly on the device. I said I can use a full-size SD card or a microSD card on the Thrive. I never made any mention of the Transformer because I wasn't talking about the Transformer, nor was I doing a side-by-side comparison of different devices. I was only pointing out what the Thrive has that sets it apart. Now if a device was that price for 8gb and didn't have the ports to access additional storage that the Thrive has (full-size USB, full-size SD), then I would agree that it's too much.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I paid 480 after taxes for 32gb...transformer.

I could have gotten the 16 for 380.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

With the Thrive you're paying a little extra for the port selection, which is well worth it for some people (myself included). The primary thing I use my tablet for is reading through the thousands of reports, articles, inventory lists that are handed to me on a flash drive in any given week. It's nice to be able to just pop in the flash drive and go without the need for any intermediary device or adapter. The second thing that I use my tablet for most often is examining photographs that are given to me while out in the field or at the office. The photographs are always on a full-size SD card. It's nice again to be able to just plug it straight into the tablet without the need for any intermediary device or adapter.

For people who don't need or want the ports, the Transformer is definitely the better buy.

Kag Pirate

Reaction score

With the Thrive you're paying a little extra for the port selection, which is well worth it for some people (myself included). The primary thing I use my tablet for is reading through the thousands of reports, articles, inventory lists that are handed to me on a flash drive in any given week. It's nice to be able to just pop in the flash drive and go without the need for any intermediary device or adapter. The second thing that I use my tablet for most often is examining photographs that are given to me while out in the field or at the office. The photographs are always on a full-size SD card. It's nice again to be able to just plug it straight into the tablet without the need for any intermediary device or adapter.

For people who don't need or want the ports, the Transformer is definitely the better buy.

LOL, I understand what you meant from your first post and agree with you. Both devices are good but, having 8gb over the 16gb and getting the extra ports would also serve me better. My wife would be better off with the Transformer.

Price per option X amount to total cost - sizes and or removal of said other options. To be able to market it at said price range of other devices (10.1 screen size).

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is the tablet I plan to buy and will most likely do it through ebay's daily deals I'm a big fan of Toshiba my laptop and tv are both Toshiba's and I couldn't be happier with either and the specs on this thing are nice although off memory I think my phone is a little better if memory is right this thing is dual core at 1ghz? Phone is 1.2ghz stock but at 1.7 currently

Sent from the 3rd dimension with root and S-Off!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
This is the tablet I plan to buy and will most likely do it through ebay's daily deals I'm a big fan of Toshiba my laptop and tv are both Toshiba's and I couldn't be happier with either and the specs on this thing are nice although off memory I think my phone is a little better if memory is right this thing is dual core at 1ghz? Phone is 1.2ghz stock but at 1.7 currently

Yeah, it's running the Tegra 2 processor, so 1ghz dual-core. Even though I have yet to do it myself, it has been rooted, so overclocking should be possible (if not now, in the near future).

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Yeah, it's running the Tegra 2 processor, so 1ghz dual-core. Even though I have yet to do it myself, it has been rooted, so overclocking should be possible (if not now, in the near future).

You're liking it though? I'm heavily considering getting one soon

Sent from the 3rd dimension with root and S-Off o and at 1.7ghz!