1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Toshiba Readies New Monster-sized 13.3 Inch Tablet

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Mar 7, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Toshiba is taking things to a whole new level with their newest generation tablets. According to these pics, Toshiba is readying a monster-sized 13.3 inch tablet as a followup to their previous line. Supposedly, this new tablet will be powered by a Tegra 3 Quad-Core chip and will be extra-thin and light, just like their recently announced Excite X10 t7-inc tablet. These pics were taken during the Toshiba 2012 conference in the UK. The tablet doesn't skimp on other features either, and will include USB, HDMI, and SD card slots, and front and rear cameras.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Sadly, right now, this tablet is just a prototype and Toshiba may not actually bring it to market unless it gets a good response from public reactions to it. This may not be ideal for the regular home user, but this could be a perfect laptop replacement for mobile professionals. What do you think?

Source: ThriveForums.org via TalkAndroid
  2. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Well-Known Member

As always, price IS the key.
  3. skywyze

skywyze New Member

I like the size

I am 6'4" tall and my big hands have a hard time using smaller devices. A tablet this size, at the right price, would be ideal for me.
  4. skennelly

skennelly Active Member

Nice idea, but I don't see this being affordable.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  5. Dusty

Dusty Premium Member Premium Member

At first glance... I'm not to sure. I definitely would have to see and hold this to be sure. I have big hands and 10" tablets are perfect for me. I like the 10" screen real estate, portability, scale.
    I just dont know... this might be ok. The entire footprint would be the same as a sheet of 8.5x11 paper or maybe just a wee-touch bigger. That's not bad!

We'll see!
  6. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

I've always found it an interesting paradox even with laptops that consumers want smaller, more compact, and more portable devices yet at the same time they want a large (super-sized) screen to go with it... :blink: It seems to me that Samsung is on the right path with flexible displays because they can make devices wear the display size adapts to the situation. A quick text message needs a small screen but sharing a youtube video or watching a movie with your friends needs a larger screen. Thus with a flexible screen the device can detect how far out you've pulled the screen and then adjust the OS to scale to that screen size. :biggrin:
  7. steve.messer84

steve.messer84 New Member

Amen, Cannot wait to see this!!
  8. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member Premium Member

If it has a good display and looks a bit better, and of course, is AFFORDABLE.. I can see myself wanting to buy one. If it has a keyboard dock. I see this being too expensive, however.
  9. trestevenson

trestevenson Active Member

I think this post got duplicated in the wrong thread...