Toshiba Officially Launches Excite Series of Android Tablets; 7.7", 10" & 13" Sizes

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Apr 10, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

We have some news from Toshiba this morning. The company officially launched their new Excite line of Android Tablets. Toshiba has taken things to a new level with the Excite, by heavily stepping up the specs, reducing the size and weight, and adding a unique new size category, the monstrous 13-inch tablet! For reference, there are several specs that all of these tablets have in common. Here is a list of all the specs that they all have, and then below that we have each individual tab with their differences:
    • Fixed Back Covers with an Aluminum Surface and styling
    • Dual Cameras - 2MP for the front and 5MP for the back that can handle 1080p HD video
    • Tegra 3
    • 1GB DDR3 Ram
    • Gorilla Glass
    • Stereo Speakers with SRS Surround
    • WiFi
    • Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich - Unskinned & Stock from Google
    • BioManager Utility to improve battery life
    Here's a breakdown of the different specs of each individual new Toshiba Excite Tablet:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Excite 7.7 Inch: ($499.99 for the 16GB Model & $579.99 for the 32GB Model) - Out in June
    • AMOLED Display - 1280x800 This is the reason this tablet is a bit pricier than the 10-inch variety.
    • microUSB
    • microSD Slot
    • 16GB & 32GB Options for Storage

The Excite 10 Inch: ($449.99 for the 16GB model, $529.99 for the 32GB model and $649.99 for the 64GB model) - Out in May
    • 10.1-inch diagonal AutoBrite LED Backlit display with 1280x800 resolution
    • microUSB
    • microHDMI
    • Full SD Card Slot
    • Battery Life 10-12 Hours

The Excite 13 Inch: ($649.99 for the 32GB model and $749.99 for the 64GB model) - Out in June
    • 3.3-inch diagonal AutoBrite LED Backlit display - cinematic 16:9 aspect ratio and 1600x900 native resolution
    • microUSB
    • microHDMI
    • Full SD Card Slot
    • 13 hours of battery life
    • Included Stand from Factory
    That's a pretty impressive lineup of high-end devices with some high-end prices. The 13-inch is an interesting concept in the tablet arena. Share your thoughts on Toshiba's new Excite series.

Source: Full Press Release - Toshiba's New Excite Series of Android/ICS Tablets
  2. silverfang77

silverfang77 Member

MicroSD slots?

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk
  3. BJPalmer85

BJPalmer85 New Member

i think the bolded is supposed to say 13.3-inch. not being a grammar nazi! just pointing it out since i had to read it like 4 times before i realized it was wrong.

if its not wrong that is a TINY tablet and wicked expensive.

B
  4. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Well-Known Member

That's quite a shame on the 7-inch tablet. The ONLY thing "generic consumers John and Mary" will see is...

7-inch Fire, Nook, and "Nexus" = $200

7-inch Excite = $500

Come on guys, for the 38th time: we should really put out our shingle and offer not only our skills as technical consultants, but in this case also as marketing consulants. I mean wow, how dumb a move is $500 (even $400...$300...)? Dumb, dumb, dumb.

-Matt
  5. xeene

xeene Well-Known Member

for $500 i'd rather buy new ipad. never thought i'd say that.
  6. ezizzle95

ezizzle95 New Member

That pic with the red backround is the tablet that they said was the leaked render of the nexus tablet.