Toshiba AT10-A Might Be First Tegra 4 Device; Slightly Faster than Exynos 5 Octa

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
toshiba_at10_antutu.jpg

We have a pretty cool bit of intel wrapped inside a pretty cool bit of intel. A new AnTuTu benchmark was just leaked that is supposedly of the next Toshiba tablet, called the AT10-A. The first interesting tidbit here is this tablet seems to be sporting the shiny new NVIDIA Tegra 4 chipset, which means it (depending on release date) could be the first Tegra 4 device to hit the market. The second juicy morsel is the benchmark results of this Tegra 4 device. It scored a ridiculous score of 28,058!

Incidentally, this is a tad bit higher than the most recent AnTuTu benchmarks for the Samsung Exynose 5 Octa-core chip which hit a blazingly fast 28,018. To be fair, these two scores are so close to each other to fall into that margin of error where benchmarks fluctuate slightly. Still, for the most part this confirms the two chips are at parity with each other, which means Samsung will have some good competition later this year.

Of course, we haven't seen benchmark results of Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 just yet, so we will have to wait and see before we call a winner. Are you rooting for anyone in particular?

Source: TalkAndroid

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've said it since the beginning of the Tegra chips. Nvidia is a big company that has been dedicated to pumping as much power into their devices as possible. Mobile chips will be no different. Along with a smooth computing experience, their graphics performance is going to keep going up. If their new chips are as power efficient as the rest, expect to see more and more Tegra based devices. I know people complain about the Tegra3 in the Nexus 7, but I've yet to have any issues with it. My battery lasts so long and I've yet to be let down in performance.