Torn between Sedio Innocase™ Surface Case and Talon Hard Shell Case

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
So...

Give me the + and - for these.

I WANT the one that added the least bulk. I love how thin this phone is and I don't want to really add anything to it but I should to protect it when it is out of my pocket.

So

Sedio Innocase Surface or Talon Hard Shell Case ???

LouS

Reaction score
I just sent my Innocase Surface back today. It's fairly thin but I don't feel it's worth 30 bucks. It looks just like any old generic rubberized hard case. Don't know anything about the Talon but I don't expect it's much different. I bought a Verizon high gloss silicone that I will use until I find something significantly better...

LouS

Reaction score
Sure but I wouldn't want to do it every day. Again, the Surface case is just like any cheap rubberized generic snap-on hard case...

mwm523

Reaction score
I have the Talon on mine, and it's OK. Not fantastic, but good enough for a regular snap on rubberized hard case. I don't have any hands on experience with the Seidio one, but the pictures look pretty similar to the Talon. And the Talon is half the price.

andryan

Reaction score
I ordered the seidio surface and I love it. It is NOT just any other cheap case. You can tell they put in some extra work making the cutouts just right and I was worried about the bulk as well. It is slim and slides easy in and out of your pocket. Also unlike any of the stock cases the rubberized but not rubberized hard case feel is very nice and does not feel cheap like the cheaper cases out there (you know what I mean).

Im not crazy about the $30 price tag. I agree it's a bit steep, but the "high end" verizon cases are 25-30 as well.

wafflecopter

Reaction score
I like my seidio. The main reason I got it was because it fits with the extended battery, not sure if the Talon one does as well or not.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
I, too, am waiting on the Otterbox, but if you look at the postings on the facebook page, it might not be out until Nov or Dec (unless they speed up their development from previous cases). These are other people's thoughts, not mine. However, I am worried about the bulk of the case after holding one for the iphone, but maybe the commuter won't be as bulky as the defender.

Back to topic, can anyone speak to the difference in bulk bw the innocase, talon, and verizon's clear hard plastic (which I have right now). I like that the clear plastic is A. hard B. smooth C. I personally don't think it adds a lot of bulk.

I looked at hard plastic cases at best buy and they seemed kind of flimsy compared to verizon's, but I guess more strength = more bulk?

thank you in advance!

OP
B

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
I just picked up the RocketFish Hard case from BB because I had a gift card which basically means it was free to me.

It is very thin, doesn't add alot of bulk, has a good texture to it like the naked X has. I've got 30 days, so we'll see how I like it...but so far so good.

kdkinc

Reaction score
I bought theBody Glove case it adds some bulk but it protects the phone which really is the main point.
It has a nice textured feel which makes it non-slip. The case also can snapped apart with a quarter very easily in the provided spot..

droidphreak

Reaction score
I dont like the Rockfish case. It comes too close to the buttons on the bottom making them very hard to press.

jst4fun

Reaction score
Has just got the seidio case and will be selling it. It ended up being to thick to go in the car cradle so I went and got another rocket fish case that fits in the cradle nicely.
Droidfreak: You will be disapointed because the seidio case is actually thicker than the rocket fish. It is a nicer case than the RF but it is awful thick from the other ones I have bought from them.
PS. I got the new extended battery and to my surprise the old battery door fit really well on it with no tight fit. So I put the rocket fish case back on and now I have the extened batter and a nice hard case.

Last edited:

droidphreak

Reaction score
I put the Talon Case on my new X. Its pretty sweet. Very lightweight yet feels sturdy. It's a good fitting case.