[ROM] ToRmEnTeD KaNg. Cm10 alpha. Bionic

jayman350

Reaction score
man I wish I could get data up and running with this. JB seems like a nice step forward from ICS, but I haven't been able to get data up and running for more than a couple of seconds. I have only seen the 4G icon pop up once, otherwise its just gray bars and no data connection.

I have tried flashing this multiple times over safestrap 2.0 and 2.11, tried toggling data via LTE on/off and the Mobile networks menu. Every time I reboot I have to go in and set up the connection type again since it is always reverting back to GSM only.

so what sort of tricks have you guys tried to get data to toggle on?

Imprezive

Reaction score
I switched it to CDMA/LTe rebooted a couple times and BOOM TOUGH ACTIN TINACTIN, no just kidding but i got a 4g signal and have been very pleased. Voice search function is amazing. Very silky smooth I thought it couldnt get any better than ics on bionic but was I wrong. The rom is very nice a couple unstable thing but other than that I look forward using this rom as a DD.

deduct

Reaction score
jayman350 said:
man I wish I could get data up and running with this. JB seems like a nice step forward from ICS, but I haven't been able to get data up and running for more than a couple of seconds. I have only seen the 4G icon pop up once, otherwise its just gray bars and no data connection.

I have tried flashing this multiple times over safestrap 2.0 and 2.11, tried toggling data via LTE on/off and the Mobile networks menu. Every time I reboot I have to go in and set up the connection type again since it is always reverting back to GSM only.

so what sort of tricks have you guys tried to get data to toggle on?

Try using 'phone info' app and under phone info, switch between lte/CDma/evdo and GSM. And back. And then turning data on and off. I remember trying a few different combinations of things with phone info when i tried dhackers cm10 jb rom a while back. Seems like when I did achieve 4g or 3g connection it was solid until I reset my phone. Then it was back to the drawing board.

jayman350

Reaction score
finally got data up and running. I used a combination of the LTE OnOff app and the Mobile Networks menu, turning radio off, turn it back on, set it to LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL), then go into Mobile Networks and select LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA. Reboot, let it load up and settle, if still no data change settings and reboot again. I had to keep changing settings until one time I rebooted they finally stuck.

Been very happy with this JB ROM, can't wait to run it through its paces.

SlimMan

Reaction score
Hi,

I followed the Directions and was able to install this and boot into my phone without a problem. However I have no "camera" and I can't send "MMS".

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Anovative

Reaction score
Hi,

I followed the Directions and was able to install this and boot into my phone without a problem. However I have no "camera" and I can't send "MMS".

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

It says in the OP that camera doesn't work, so need for the app. As for MMS, do you have data? You have to do a couple tricks to get that up

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

Imprezive

Reaction score
Had a weird issue today insane lag when scrolling through the homescreen and other tiles. Felt like a memory leak or something. Went back to stock for now until next update. :(

SlimMan

Reaction score
It says in the OP that camera doesn't work, so need for the app. As for MMS, do you have data? You have to do a couple tricks to get that up

Hmm, well I tried using CameraFX and the ICS camera and nothing... suppose those are pointless. As for data, yeah I have 3G connection (which is all I can get in my home area) but still can't send MMS.
Thanks for the reply.

nobreak1970

Reaction score
Tormented Killr is awesome....takes a little finagling but 4g is solid....handoffs are good. I noticed that if you go to a no service area...and then back into a 4g area data may or may not come back. If not....just go into network settings and disable data then enable dqta and boom 4g is back.

Love it!!!

nobreak1970

Reaction score
Also for those having data issues....make sure your cdma subscription is set to NV first....then start toggling. :)

Patriotvirus

Reaction score
The way I get 4G is leaving CDMA Subscription on RUIM/SIM then I toggle GSM to LTE/CMDA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA then back to NV on CDMA Subscription

nivag

Reaction score
Great Rom. I've been able to get data 4x now after rebooting. I've also noticed the after toggling between gsm and lte/cdma/gsm, when you switch to gsm the screen will shrink for a second then when you toggle lte/cdma/gsm 4g will come up. I've only got 4g after the screen shrink on gsm. Hope this helps anyone.

Edit.. lost data and can't get it back. Tried for over an hour.

Edit 2... finally got data back i just kept trying and finally got it. I'm just not going to reboot anymore. :)

Last edited: