Top ways to save battery usage?

aDroidman

Reaction score
1. Turn your auto retrieve and GPS off
2. Dont check your phone every 5 mins. check it like every hour. (if following 1 you will have to auto refresh your email and such)
3. Turn your phone off

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Get an extended battery.
I mean, who wants to turn off features, leave your phone alone, or turn off your phone all together. TOTALLY defeats the purpose.
Imagine i bought a Ferrari, but the gas kept running out, so i just decreased its performance, left it parked in the garage and eventually just threw away the key. Sounds silly doesnt it?

These smart phones are mini computers, we love to use them all day long. The only real answer is either stay by a charger, or get an extended battery, the largest you feel comfortable with, or buy 2 and swap them out. I love my laptop, it plays any game i throw at it, but it eats through 9cell batteries like no other. So i have 2 batts and usually stay by a charger. Same with my phone, i have the extended batt and 2 stock batts as backup.

coskier

Reaction score
Get an extended battery.

This.

I have had "smartphones" for a long time now, and always seem to need it most when I am at a conference or something where I cannot be near a charger for very long. The extended battery is a godsend at this point.

Leet

Reaction score
Root and underclock and install kernels made for battery life... or ft a extended likealmost everyone else... also shut off vibrate.

GT944

Reaction score
Root and underclock and install kernels made for battery life... or ft a extended likealmost everyone else... also shut off vibrate.

Rooting and underclocking seems to be one of the top ways I've heard of, along with the extended battery option. Keeping in mind everything that comes with rooting, of course. I've found that sticking by a charger, especially when I'm at work or in the car, is the cheapest/easiest/less brain damage if you are like me and just want to use the phone as-is.

Keeping extras turned off (like gps & WiFi) is the best way for me to keep things under control, it seems. I'm able to do everything I want on my dinc and stay charged for the majority of the day. Just be prepared to chew through the battery if you use it consistently throughout the day though - like mentioned above, these 'phones' are really computers that can make calls.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Leet

Reaction score
I went the other way with mine... in overlooked with a diff Rom. I play pocket legends and havemyphone on charge hooked into my comp. I still died. I was at 15% when I plugged in and started playing I unplugged and was at 2% but I also cleared out ten area levels... I wish battery would last eight hours with usage... I have the2150 upgrade from Verizon and with light light use I get max ten hours. I added. Use port in my car and I carry my cord were ever I go. And at night while charging I use a timer to charge for a hour then off for 30 min...

GT944

Reaction score
That reminds me, I've read threads where other people have been having tough time keeping their Droids charged in the car/computer due to the lower amperage these methods typically put out. Check your car charger and see what the output rating is - there may be some pretty beefy car chargers out there to help with this issue.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Leet

Reaction score
I'm remaking mine . I made it for my bb curve. Gonna up the amps some...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just got an Incredible yesterday from my original Droid. The battery life on this thing is pretty bad. I did a couple of adjustments (auto-sync, auto-brightness, etc.) and they seem to help, but the battery life is still pretty pedestrian.

Guess that's what comes with the speed of this device, I've honestly never used anything this responsive, especially for an android device.

GT944

Reaction score
I'm remaking mine . I made it for my bb curve. Gonna up the amps some...

As in you made your own charger w/ adjustable amperage output? Or am I misreading this? If so that's way cool, what do you use to make that happen?

Sent from my ADR6300

lmg09

Reaction score
Remove the advanced task killer. With the 2.2 update, that fixed it for me. Now phone last entire day, rather than 1/2 the day.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I turn off all syncing apps and make sure to shutdown any "running apps" if i do restart the phone.

Turning off autobrightness does alot too along with wi-fi, gps, bluetooth.

knucklehead

Reaction score
I have been "bump charging" for 3 days now and can last all day on a charge, with normal usage. I had never even heard of that until a day or 2 ago.