Top headphones/headphone brands

jopie916

Reaction score
Try Grado SR-60i:
Grado Labs | SR60i

Best sounding headphones for the price by far... accurate, clean, detailed, great bass response... I got mine for $70 at a local high-end audio store. Note: do not buy the more expensive models for portable music players like the Droid or iPod; they a require more powerful amplifier and you will likely be disappointed. The SR-60i works great however!

SallyC

Reaction score
Interesting thread. I've been trying out Bluetooth stereo earbuds. I've tried the LG HBS-700 and the Motorola S10-HD .

The Motos connect fine with okay (not awesome) sound. The volume cranked up is none to loud - probably okay, but I wish I could max it out and need to back it down. But they are horribly uncomfortable! I thought for sure there'd be some way to adjust them or indication that they would mold to your head in time, but after about 30 minutes of wear I was glad to take them off.

The LGs sound better and are very comfortable - you can forget you're wearing them. But with my Razr they connect with a soft, tinny sound. You can remedy this by pressing the vol up & down buttons, which loads another EQ preset, but every time you stop or even pause it goes back to the other EQ. It doesn't do this when connecting to my iPod - only the Razr. It's really annoying, but better than being pinched by the Motos. :) I've written LG asking if there's a fix as I've read of this same problem by other Razr users. But I haven't heard back yet.

I sent the Motos back and am using the LGs, but am very interested if anyone knows of some BT earbuds (not the over the ear kind) that work well with the Razr.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I'm lookin for over ear headphones with good sound quality and style for under $250. Any specific types match tht it any brand tht make tht type?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Since you'll probably like a healthy amount of bass, I'd recommend Sennheiser HD-25, VMODA LP2/M80, or Pioneer HDJ2000 if you're looking for a bassy and really durable set of cans. They'll take a Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kick to break, seriously.

Also, ignore any suggestions of Beats and Bose...They're generally very bad for the price, with the exception of the Pros if you can score them for ~$220.

I'd suggest you ask Head-Fi if you want more details.

Breakfast beats worrying.

docterz

Reaction score
These headphones are really good and at a very good price..

[h=1]Sony MDREX310LP In-Ear Headphone amazon 49.99[/h]