Top Five Android Devices: Droid X Number 5

aayoo

Reaction score
Doesn't bother me, all preference. But i did chuckle to see the incredible make the list, must have been a novelty vote.

ocpd44

Reaction score
The wi fi issue continues to be an issue with the X. That said, I'm willing to wait for a fix. I love the virtual keyboard and other goodies the phone has. I fixed my wi fi at home so that is less of an issue these days. And the size of the phone IS what sold me so that's a plus to me.

As someone else said, to each his own.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

khaf

Reaction score
Id say the Fascinate is number one. Its on the best network, has the best screen out of the verizon phones and isnt locked down. No there is no bias I have the D1 DX Fascinate and used to have the D2. I also have friends and fmily with the Incredible, Evo 4G, Epic 4G, and the Eris (laughing at the Eris) I have played with them all for a good amount of time and moded them too.

R

RETG

I don't own one yet, but I didn't see anything in regard to actuall cell phone reception in fringe areas.
Where I live, those with HTCs, be they Windows or Android devices, on the Verizon network have weak cell phone reception or no cell phone reception in the fringe areas; whereas, those with Motorolas, either regular cell phones or android devices, obtain better reception in the fringe areas.
When I say fringe, I mean a few miles outside of town in the desert areas; not in town where they all work great.
All are on Verizon since that is basically the only real option in this area. Spring is very weak outside of town if there is any signal at all. AT&T is only EDGE, and don't believe there is any t-mobile (if there is, no one sell it and I know of no one who has it).
So, reception is more important than the minor differences between screens or even the complaints about moto blur (which many I know, like it).

I wlll add that my two BB Tours are as good, if not a bit better for reception in the fringe areas than any of the android devices, but even though I have to remain on the BB leash for work related communications, I will be leaving my personal Tour in the desk drawer come December when I upgrade to (what appears to be) a Droid X.

So, what is best for some is not best for others.

On a more personal note, I like the looks of the HTC models like the incredible, but like a larger screen. I also am not that familiar with blur vs sense, and from playing with both phones, don't care. I am also not the type to root, rom or even dance with the phonedancedroid.

And even though when I'm out deep in the boondocks I have an Iridium Sat phone for emergency purposes, I like the idea of a phone that can possibly obtain coverage in areas you would not think a cell phone would work.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
I own an X and I dont think its number one. That being said, I dont think the incredible should be number 2.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I have owned the Droid 1 and now I have the Droid X. I really like my phone and I feel it should be rated in the top 5 of Android phones. Every person has their preference and I am not concerned with who is number 1. With that said, I could vote for the Incredible in the number 1 spot. It is the closest you could get to the Nexus One which even after being out for almost a year, it is still a good phone. If the Droid 1 had the memory capabilities of the N1 it would still rank in the top 5 as well. All the other phones are similar except for a few things that were changed. As long as they are all Android and running 2.2 then they are the best. If a phone is not running the latest OS then it ca not be in the number 1 spot.

musicman

Reaction score
I love my Droid X. Had the D1 and loved it, but I hated the physical keyboard. The X is the best phone I have ever had my hands on. I'm sure those other phones are great as well, which is why Android will always be the best.