Top Droid A855 ROMs?

juggalo4271

Reaction score
My vote goes to droid concepts 13. Updated froyo and you can customize the theme to your liking. The devs are awesome guys too.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

universal_cynic

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who posted. I recently rooted my Droid and was looking for a good ROM. This has been my experience so far:

Stock Froyo: Wanted more customization, faster, better battery life, etc

Cyanogenmod 7.1.0: LOVED the interface, wasn't a ton faster, no difference in battery life. Could not get over the ringer/vibrate issues for notification, had to switch.

GPA18: Didn't thrill me. Looks just like Froyo. Gave it a day and several reboots, but it was no faster than stock Froyo. Also had the ringer/vibrate issue.

Project Elite 4.2: Really impressed. Super fast and excellent battery life. No ringer/vibrate issues-works just like stock Froyo w/ additional "Silent" mode on rocker, which I consider an improvement. Fair amount of customization (no CM7), but still plenty to play with. Once and a while the dock freaks out on me, but nothing a restart won't fix.

sweat90lx

Reaction score
Im still a noob too. Tried Liquid 3.2 for my first ROM. now Im using SS 5.6 and loving it. battery life is much, much improved. All phones are different, but from a guy that bleeds Ford blue, my phone likes ChevyNo1. :biggrin:

OP
jahn28

jahn28

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Haven't posted in this forum in a while. I've been keeping up with the ICS thread over at XDA. It's looking so promising! I even took a test drive on it. I really didn't want to go back to a GB rom again, but the ICS rom had some problems, like the phone and camera. If you guys want to take a look, you can either go to the original forum from kfazz from the firs link, or you can look at the one on droidforums (which has the most updated links in one spot).

[ROM][Pre-Pre-ALPHA] Droid A855 ICS Build Attempt - xda-developers

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...alpha-ice-cream-sandwich-4-0-3-droid-1-a.html

All props to kfazz for doing such an amazing thing thus far!
and Metalspring for helping out :D