Top Droid A855 ROMs?

Durandgir

Reaction score
Steel Droid 9 and CushZero have been the two most stable roms for me at least in the recent months. Liquid's last rom for the D1 and SS 5.6 have been laggy with poor reception and running hot. and Froyo is honestly hard to go back too after being on GB for so long.

JArchitect32

Reaction score
I've only ever tried Liquid, UD, and Project Elite on my D1.
My fave is, was, and always will be UD 2.5.0 . I was incredibly sad to see that dev stopped on Ultimate Droid so soon and abruptly.

Durandgir

Reaction score
I've only ever tried Liquid, UD, and Project Elite on my D1.
My fave is, was, and always will be UD 2.5.0 . I was incredibly sad to see that dev stopped on Ultimate Droid so soon and abruptly.

I completely forget about UD! ever since Blackdroid disapeared everyone has, i've loaded up 2.5 a couple of times it was my longest daily driver ever, I really miss those roms and truly wish BD would come back

wierdo124

Reaction score
After flashing constantly on mine over the years, and running Gingerbread (from every ROM cooker i could find), it just didn't cut the mustard. Back on Froyo for me, been on PE4.2 iirc for a few months and it's not great but nothing else is better anymore with the devs gone.

Glad my Dinc2 comes tomorrow.

RobClay18838

Reaction score
I've been using cushzero's newest 2.3.7 with deprimed latest kernel at 1000 for awhile now, runs great on my OG. Very smooth and quick. Now I'm on the latest ICS build, also suprises me how good it runs for still being alpha, and especially no hardware acceleration. Actually runs better than a lot of gingerbread roms

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Durandgir

Reaction score
Reaction score
You aren't the first I've heard about. I guess SS is hit and miss. If it works its top of the line, if not well I feel bad because it's a goid and fast obe (for me). I am using stock settings on it too.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

Elric

Reaction score
I've been experimenting with gingerbread ROMs after running Project Elite for a long time. My phone seems to be able to handle gingerbread no problem with regard to performance, etc, but every single GB ROM I've tried has been buggy with respect to 3g/network connectivity. I'm currently running Liquid 3.2 and it is doing it. This is unacceptable to me, so I guess I will be flashing Steel today.

Durandgir

Reaction score
You aren't the first I've heard about. I guess SS is hit and miss. If it works its top of the line, if not well I feel bad because it's a goid and fast obe (for me). I am using stock settings on it too.

Did you do anything special like change the kernal or clock speed? Because 5.6 was really laggy for me, I kind of want to try it again but I don't know what I can possibly do to make it faster. did you use the supercharger script?

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I'm surprised no one mentioned Sourcery in this thread. Best Froyo based rom IMHO. Link in my sig if anyone what to give it a run.

Elric

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one mentioned Sourcery in this thread. Best Froyo based rom IMHO. Link in my sig if anyone what to give it a run.

Yeah, Sourcery is a classic. It was my daily driver for a good period, too. If I can't find a GB rom that does it for me, I may go back to it. I installed Steel 9 today and am liking it so far. I haven't been using it long enough to know if it is just going to start choking on the data connections like the other GB roms, though. So I am in wait and see mode on it.

Reaction score
Did you do anything special like change the kernal or clock speed? Because 5.6 was really laggy for me, I kind of want to try it again but I don't know what I can possibly do to make it faster. did you use the supercharger script?

I used Chevys theme and kernal. Nothing else. Havent even OC anything.