Top Droid A855 ROMs?

jahn28

Reaction score
Hey guys!So I'm still rocking with my Project Elite ROM right now, but I'm kinda getting bored with it. I know the Pre-Pre-Alpha for the ICS is out, but there are so many updates and such, which just makes me want to wait for the beta stage.I've tried out the MIUI rom, but wasn't diggin' the "iPhone" look. And most of the lockscreens on it are in Chinese, which, no offense, turns me off, since I can't understand it.Can you guys help me out with which ROM to get? And can you also leave me some reasons why it's a good ROM to get?Thanks :D~Jin

OP
jahn28

jahn28

Reaction score
If people are wondering, I'm flashing ChevyNo1 SS 5.6

Let you guys know if it's good or not :)

OP
jahn28

jahn28

Reaction score
This feels funny, commenting on my own thread. But for those still reading, Chevy's ROM felt sluggish on my droid, and I didn't like the transitions and such.

Any other ROMs suggested guys?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I would stick with Froyo for the OG. Try Droid Concepts build 13. Thats my favorite rom for the OG.

jpin321

Reaction score
This feels funny, commenting on my own thread. But for those still reading, Chevy's ROM felt sluggish on my droid, and I didn't like the transitions and such.

Any other ROMs suggested guys?

This was my daily driver for a long time. 5.6 never played n nice on my phone. 5.5 is flawless. Be sure to ramp up the cpu it's set to 600 by default. Push it to 1000 and disable compcache.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score
I am running verrrrry good with Project Elite 4.2
Good memory with it ( + supercharger)
Very fast, stable, smooth, custom Raidzero kernel by dfabbeb - OC'd at 1.1 GHz - Interactive gov. (Runs very cool with his set voltage values)

If your looking for a stable/smooth gingerbread rom, i recommend using SS 5.5 (not 5.6 <-- that version is very buggy)
Liquid runs great, however it gets too many lockups, freezes, and the camera is horrible and the theme.

ænyoc

Reaction score
I never really liked SimplyStunning 5.6 (felt laggy to me too and had a few bugs with my camera and phone) so I was using SS5.5 before I got my Galaxy Nexus. IMHO, SS5.4 was the smoothest of his ROMs. There's also CyanogenMod7, which SS was built off of. I tried Sourcery when it first emerged last January, but it was still new and it had some bugs, so I went back to SS. (His roms were some of the first ones I ran and always seemed to cooperate best with my phone, so I was a little biased) However, toward the end of my D1's run, I heard good things about Sourcery 2.2... And now that my D1 isn't my daily driver anymore, I think I'll throw it on my D1 to see how far it's come. Also always kinda wanted to try LithiumMod, just never got around to it. From what I can tell, he just posted his latest release (Lithium NextGen v0.0.5) in November, so I would expect it's still being supported.

OP
jahn28

jahn28

Reaction score
ALrighty,
SS 5.6 wasn't good, cuz of the bug that I experienced. I'm going to try another one, called Steel Droid, and I'll let you guys know if it's good or not. Do you guys have the links for SS 5.5 and that Droid Concepts build? I guess today I'm just going to fool around with everything :D

OP
jahn28

jahn28

Reaction score
Steel Droid looks really good so far. There's a lot of features that resemble ICS (which is from GO Launcher). I might stick with this one :D

OP
jahn28

jahn28

Reaction score
I find it pretty smooth. It's really custom-able and such. :D

cowsquad

Reaction score
Miui.us is one of the best rom out there. We have a thread for english themes. I ve been using miui.us as my daily rom. I don't have issues with it. ICS alpha is super fast too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Steel Droid 9 has been my daily since it came out. Few random bugs once in a great while but it runs soooooo much better than any other rom currently. So, good choice. Miui does rule but unfortunately my phone is not running the recent builds too great, not to mention how little memory (ram) is available on average.