Top 5 Apps --Categories - Requires You To Think!!

Reaction score
Lots of good info here guys, thanks! I haven't narrowed down my top 5 lists yet so I'll have to come back for that, but I've been trying to create a more broad list of apps by categories (function) and trying to rank them, and I would really appreciate input from subscribers to this thread that have used the apps I've listed and had good or bad experiences with them so I can trim down the list. Feel free to add your own categories - apps too.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...s-will-you-download-transfer-thunderbolt.html

countrygirl23

Reaction score
I wish I had known about the Launcher pro, I downloaded the Go Launcher and already purchased 2 themes. Which one is better the Launcher pro paid version or the Go Launcher?

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I wish I had known about the Launcher pro, I downloaded the Go Launcher and already purchased 2 themes. Which one is better the Launcher pro paid version or the Go Launcher?
Laucher pro paid isnt really necessary unless you are desperate for those specific widgets it comes with and widget resising

eperrine

Reaction score
1: Top 5 "everyday" apps
-
ADWLauncher EX
-SwiftKey
-Handcent
-Elixir
-Ringo Pro

2: Top 5 stock "replacement" apps

-ADWLauncher EX
-SwiftKey
-Handcent
-PowerAMP (music player)
-Signal Status

3: Top 4 " unknown" apps
-Elixir
-MP3 Music Download Power
-Maneki Neko Widget
-
MultiPicture Live Wallpaper

4: Top 5 apps for Rooted Users

-not rooted

5: Top 5 apps OVERALL

-ADWLauncher EX
-Elixir
-ASTRO
-Handcent
-Swiftkey

Your the first person i've seen who has added Elixir! Thanks to you, i've just discovered it, and it's amazing! Cheers.

eperrine

Reaction score
1: Top 5 "everyday" apps
- GO Launcher EX - IMO the smoothest and best feature packed Launcher.
- Plume for Twitter - IMO also the best twitter app - amazing interface.
- Whatsapp Messenger - Has saved me SO much money on texting - instant messaging through internet.
- Task - This is a stock S2 app - but IMO it's the best tasker you can find. Really cool interface, with heaps of features. If anyone has an S2, i advise you use this app :)
- Doodle Jump - Cost me a couple of dollars, but a really addictive and amusing game. Passes time easily.

2: Top 5 stock "replacement" apps -
GO FTW :D Search it up on the market, the best range of replacement apps!
- GO Launcher EX
- WidgetLocker - Simply amazing.
- GO SMS Pro
- GO Contacts/ Dialer
- GO Weather Widget

3: Top 5 "unknown" apps
- Elixir (Control panel sort of thing - battery usage, cpu thing etc, best of the best)
- Zedge - Ringtone/wallpaper app, REALLY good.
- 3G Watchdog - Helps me keep under the limit
- Whatsapp Messenger
- Foursquare - IDK why, but even though this app is legendary, a really good idea, no one seems to use it..

- My phone isn't rooted.

5: Top 5 apps OVERALL - So hard :(
- GO Laucher EX
- Plume for Twitter
- Widget Locker
- Doodle Jump
- Whatsapp Messenger

biftech

Reaction score
Top 5

Top 5 Everyday Apps
1. $BIF Analytics For Google Analytics
2. WordPress App
3. Google Voice
4. The Weather Channel
5. Soundhound

211SSW

Reaction score
Top 5 Apps -- Categories - Requires You To Think!!

Thank you very much! Your lists gave me more food for thought as well as research for how I might better setup my phone than any offering on this forum site since I've been reading such forums.
Perhaps you could offer how you come upon these lesser known but very helpful apps that I plan to be incorporating into my system soon- that is, assuming it's beyond "hit or miss" luck. It's simply beyond luck for one person to be aware of so many little known apps.
Feel free to correct me if you simply spend more time doing research than most of us. I think I choose, not by popularity but since I've recently devoured the GO Launcher EX and all it's ramparts says otherwise. Now, I've started to delete some of those. Now looking for better, whether single ones like your Dropcap2, Wireless Tether, Weatherbug, now I'm recognizing that my list is not separated by person but also have Vlingo Voice, Google Voice- free visual voicemail & free texting (considering that during prolonged bed bound siege, I went to 2000 text messages per month) this sounds appealing! & last on my list to read about is k-9 mail. Many thanks-your suggestions include some cost savings opportunities & some more interesting presentation options.
My situation is non-rooted new RAZR (not MAXX as upper level tech from Verizon-wireless heard my plight & took me away from my HTC Thunderbolt and sent me this new RAZR with minimal cost). It's night & day improvement having sufficient memory in the phone itself which earlier phone lacked.

Giving

Reaction score
1: Top 5 apps you cant go a day without using.

Smart Volume Control +
Easy Money
3G Watchdog
Instagram
Next Episode

2: Top 5 apps that do a better job than the stock one android provided.

Smart Volume Control +
Instagram
LG Camera
ES Explorer

3: Top 5 apps that arent well known but you love and would suggest to all of your android friends

Smart Volume Control +
LG Camera
Easy Money

Not rooted.

5: Top 5 apps OVERALL (this ones hard)

Smart Volume Control +
Easy Money
JeFit PRO
Tapatalk
Next Episode