Top 3 Apps?

C_Pate

Reaction score
Just bought a Bionic (dancedroid) and new to the droid world. Would like to hear everyone's Top 3 must have Apps from Android Market?

Thanks

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
At one time I would have yelled at you to download Angry Birds immediately, but sadly that game lost my interest long ago.

If I had your phone I would recommend trying any of the HD games by Game Loft! I have played many and enjoyed them all, but my A855 can't handle all the games your phone can.

Non game apps can vary so greatly from person to person based on interests. With that said..

Anyone can make use of Vlingo! It is a voice activated application that accomplishes everything the stock Google search(with voice) already does and a lot more. But specially I enjoy the Car mode replacement and SMS to Speech(TTS) as well as the many advanced options.

File Manager .. so many new great ones to choose from, but only one needed lol. Root Explorer is the best for what I need. File Expert is second best in my opinion, in front of Astro which are both feature rich.

Use in combination with a wireless file transfer app.
Dropbox, Awesome Drop, WiFi Explorer Pro, or just use the built in networking feature of File Expert if you share folders on your home network.

That should get you in control of your file system and keep you away from USB transfer cables.

In case you didn't know, that USB slot will be reserved for constantly recharging your phone if you are new to Android until you have downloaded the entire internet at 4G speeds. (I kid... but yeah keep a charger handy)

SwiftKeyed ' from my Moto A855 using Tapatalk. ;].
— • — • — • — • — • — • — • —
Yeah I said SwiftKey... temporarily bored of Swype.

KSR

Reaction score
Games
  1. Zenonia 3 - A really fun RPG on the Android!
  2. The Impossible Game - Same game that was on the Xbox 360 was ported to Android. This app does cost money, unfortunately, but its aggravating and addicting if you have the buck to spare.
  3. Haypi Kingdom - This is my most used game! You create an account and it's like an MMO, where you build up your cities and build troops to attack others! Definitely worth the try. It's okay at first but gets highly addicting as you get the hang of it.
  4. Angry Birds - As mentioned in the above comment, Angry Birds used to have a lot of hype, but that's slowly settling now and they have many other forms including Angry Birds Seasons and Angry Birds Rio; I still believe the original is the best! Its still a decent, time-killing game and worth a try.
Other Apps
  1. Easy Note - I've tried countless notepads off of the Market and by far this is the best of all of them, in my honest opinion. I find myself using it often for all sorts of things.
  2. Dophin Browser HD - Better internet browser with extensions you can download from the Market.
  3. GO Contacts - To me, this is a better and prettier contact book.
  4. Do It (Tomorrow) - This is quite the handy little task manager if you're like me and forget assignments or things on a regular basis. You enter in things you need to do and if you do run out of time, there's a button to push it onto the next day, which is why it's titled "Do It Tomorrow".
  5. Class Buddy - They have a free and a paid version and, to me, this app is necessary for anybody who is in high school or college. It keeps track of your classes (course, mentor, location, schedule, and notes can be added). Comes in handy for me.
These are just some of my favorites and most used. I've been in Android for about 3 years now - first having the Motorola Droid, than the Motorola Droid X, and now the HTC Thunderbolt and I'm currently looking into buying my next phone. It's a great OS, in my opinion, and there's many possibilities. The best way to find apps and such for it is simply to play around with it. Browse around the market and you'll be sure to find something wild.

Welcome to the Droid side of living. ;D

Crux

Reaction score
1. Android Assistant (System Cleaner/File Manager/App2SD/Task Killer/Quick Boost/etc. All in one)

2. Bump (Unique app for filesharing with friends)

3. GBC A.D. (Possibly the greatest thing to grace the Android Market. Pokemon on your Droid? Hell Yeah!)

KSR

Reaction score
Yeah! Any of the emulators are pretty epic! I still have the really old Gameboid , GBCoid, and NESoid. It's sad that those are no longer available on the market. They were, and probably still are the best emulators for Android. :angry:

llamarox8

Reaction score
My favorite!

[video=youtube;8lU1qT0V2OM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lU1qT0V2OM[/video]