Top 10 must have (free) Droid Apps

thatguychuck

Reaction score
It's a another watered down "must have" list. One of the 100 that have been posted before, that you wanted to bump back into forum view. That's what I think.

Mach1Club

Reaction score
I gotta admit the Market is pretty average and although they say 10,000 available 99% are worthless, they honestly need to do a better job of who gets to add things to the Market because most of it is junk. But I love my Droid anyway!

kpiskin

Reaction score
While I like USA Today, I think News Express is better at pulling in more headlines that are very readable. I also like Quickpedia over the other wikipedia option you listed.

givmedew

Reaction score
not too good at all for me... i completely disagree with the whole thing really. I yet to download an app that just sells the phone for me. So far I am very tempted to go back to the blackberry world only thing keeping me at this point is the build in media player, the gps receiver built into the phone, and the speed of the device and its browser.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
not too good at all for me... i completely disagree with the whole thing really. I yet to download an app that just sells the phone for me. So far I am very tempted to go back to the blackberry world only thing keeping me at this point is the build in media player, the gps receiver built into the phone, and the speed of the device and its browser.

Yeah, there are lots of apps for the blackberry. Not.

Former tour owner who'd never go back.

jbr13

Reaction score
Ok here is my list of favorite apps so far found. Also stars out of four on my ratings.

Handscent SMS: **** For your texting needs, and it gives you a popup notification on the Droid
Google Latitude: ** Shows you were your friends that install it are as well. Just kinda fun to play with.
ScreebL Lite: **** A cool way yo keep your display from going out while your reading it, but will go out when you aren't using it.
Barcode: *** Helps you go right to apps when surfing PC on Androlib.com
Google Sky: *** Cool program, but useful for me in night time photography.
Key Ring: *** Keep all your CVS, Food Lion, Membership cards on your Droid
Weather Channel: **** If you are looking to keep up on weather its is great. Forecasts, Radar, and a cool video forecast for you local area.
Weather Widget: **** Give you a large flip style clock on your home page and current weather conditions all in one app. Also gives smaller widgets with out clock.
Meebo: **** I use this for Facebook chat. You can do pretty much any chat engine on this app. IM, Myspace, Yahoo...list goes on.
PicSay: *** Photo viewer, the cool thing is this view has Pinch Zoom like the Iphone. So don't let the Iphone guys brag about pinch zoom, show them we have it too.
Facebook: **** Good working app, and it gets up on a addiction...FB.
Pandora: **** This is a cool radion station that is setup by you. You put in a band or a song and it starts to add simular artists, and you can say yes or no to them. Or you can add more atrists and songs yourself.